Legendary at Start of Game

I set up a new game to get some extra storage space and just after starting I shot Knuckle Dragger and imagine my surprise when a Legendary Hornet was dropped. At the time I was transitioning from level 1 to level 2. I have not had a legendatry weapon so early in the game before. A legendary pistol at level 2 has made progress in the early stages of the game so much quicker.

4 Likes

What level was the pistol?

2 Likes

that’s actually a way I’d speed level/speed run (using those terms very loosely) my mules which have to get to Sanctuary on PS4 to make use of them… just farm Knuckle Dragger for a hornet and then it makes the start of the game a breeze…happened once on a regular playthrough for a character too, got a level 1 legendary that I kept as a souvenir of the run…

1 Like

It was Level 2.

2 Likes

Nice… those low-level Legendaries are weird. I want to bring it to Sanctuary so whoever else gets there next can use it early in the game, but by the time you get there, it’s showing its age.

1 Like

yeah, by the time you get to sanctuary it’s not useful anymore, but again, for ripping through to Sanctuary, it’s worth a few extra minutes to farm Knuckle Dragger (which also gives you a few levels too) to then blitz through Flint’s camp and Flint… wouldn’t recommend it to a new player learning the game, but it’s a convenience tool for vets and for those few new players who do get one on their first go through, just a cool thing to have happen as in most games you can’t get that kind of gear till much later…