Legendary Drop Rate Hot Fixes Rolling out 5/26!

[quote]The results of our recent Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel legendary drop rate experiments are in! A special thanks goes out to everyone who played and shared feedback over the last few weeks.

After analyzing thousands of hours of your gameplay and feedback survey data, we’ve decided to add a permanent 3x drop rate increase to both games!

Yes, you read that right – starting May 26, hot fixes that increase legendary drop rates will be rolling out for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel across all platforms*! We’ll be looking to permanently incorporate these hot fixes via future updates down the road.

For the curious, here’s a little background on how the experiments went down. Every week between April 9 and May 13 had a different legendary drop rate modifier applied via hot fix, but we held back on the exact details. We did this because we wanted to find out what drop rate felt right and didn’t want player opinions being influenced by the numbers.

For those five weeks, community members tested out the drop rates and let us know what they thought via the forums and feedback surveys. After digging through all the data, we discovered that standard drop rates were perceived as too rare but that anything over a 3x boost felt like too much – almost to the point where it was starting to take away the challenge and excitement from seeing that beautiful orange glow.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in our experiments and happy hunting!

*A hot fix is automatically applied at the “Press Start” screen when Borderlands 2 or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is connected to the internet. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when the game boots up. As always, for help or support with Borderlands or SHiFT, visit http://support.gearboxsoftware.com. [/quote]

Source article: Article: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1371/legendary-drop-rate-hot-fixes-releasing-today

20 Likes

Starts to party.

5 Likes

Well done guys, well done

4 Likes

That is fantastic! Thanks Gearbox!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much. Bl2 i never really had a problem with the drop rates. But the pre sequel was just so bad. This is going to make both games so.much more exciting. Thanks again

2 Likes

so, increased but not week three drop rates complimentary legendary with every fast travel ?? perfect! yes? perfect??

2 Likes

Thanks so much gearbox, as soon as i saw this i went straight for a bee and got it first try level 72!

applauds

This is great and welcomed news. Gives me a reason to go back and do some farming!!

Ahh yes this is the best week so far!!

1 Like

You’re the best guys.

Starts farming legendaries
An Infinity drops from Doc Mercy in the 2nd kill
BNK3R drops a 94% Sham on the 1st kill

1 Like

Got 3 Lyudas in 5 runs, including the quest run.

I spent about 10+ hours farming for it back during the tests and got nothing. I love what you did, Gearbox!!

3 Likes

Thats BOMBDIGGITY!!!

Time to start farming Iwarjira

Fantastic, actually stopped playing after the legendary drop experiment was over cause the default definitely wasn’t much fun compared to the increases seen throughout the experiment.

Definitely glad to see them increase the drop rate going to try it out tonight.

2 Likes

This is the best news ever regarding BL2 & TPS. I cannot express how grateful I am for this. I’m going to get get stuck into some farming again now! MWAHAHAHAHAHA THE POWER. Or something.

Edit, why can’t I give this a million likes? One like for this is just not adequate.

GBX fix the like-rate plox.

4 Likes

Giving your like a like. Happy farming!

That’s a lot of bonus points you’ve got there, Gearbox.

That’s awesome!

1 Like