Legendary drop rates seem a little ridiculous now

No lie, it’s a rarity if a vendor doesn’t have at least 1 legendary, is this some kind of event going on or something? It gets more outrageous when just having it on mayhem 2 and badass enemies drop 2 a pop.

BL2 had the problem of them being way too rare and now it’s the literal opposite.
BL1 still has the best loot system in my opinion.

2 Likes

dont complain , its better than getting nothing

9 Likes

Shhhhhh…

Just let it happen.

9 Likes

When a legendary drops it’s not ooh a legendary, now it’s oh… another legendar… oh wait five more as well.

5 Likes

IMO this is totally justified given the ridiculous level of RNG our gear (especially CMs) are plagued with. Also, companies want to sell their products so having them in a vendor makes actually more sense than having them in some random animal (and it’s not like as if you can use it for targeted farming anyways).

7 Likes

Completely agree. A) way too many legendaries are populating the vending machines and B) 250 eridium for 1-3 legendaries from the Gun-Gun is way too low of an amount. Do not get me wrong, both of these mechanism were great additions to the game. And granted, many will say if you don’t like the rate at which these sources outside combat generate legendaries, then do not use them. However, when these sources generate legendaries at rate higher than most bosses and take far less time, then that somewhat defeats the purpose of a looter - shooter. A better reward should exist for shooting to get your loot vs passively farming vending machines or spending insignificant amounts of eridium. Also, if you can get a large percentage of your loot from passively farming vending machines or spending insignificant amounts of eridium, then that makes the game pretty boring and not challenging.

1 Like

Yeah, legendary gear doesn’t feel special with how common they are now.

2 Likes

And most of them are still crap.

3 Likes

That I agree with, now it’s more about annointments than the legendary gear.

1 Like

Rarity isn’t why they should feel special anyway.

That’s kinda subjective but if say, I’m playing pokemon and suddenly every pokemon is shiny then it ends up making them feel less special.

It’s the same with people striving for ways to trivialize everything like the ridiculous amara 8000+ gazzilion damage with tie that bind, why bother playing the game at that point?

1 Like

Getting a certain purple is actually harder than getting a legendary (has been for a while, really).

2 Likes

Well, due to the difficulty of getting good anoints, I would rather there be more legendaries to pick from. Just IMHO of course.

6 Likes

This is the only game ive ever played where legendaries feel like pure garbage for the vendor or u leave em on the ground.

1 Like

Ever since the last update on July 23rd the bosses don’t drop good legendary weapons as frequent as they did before but if you play with a friend it drops them like before when I played single player. I normally play solo so its not worth farming if I can’t get anything anymore playing solo :frowning:

1 Like

All those drops I was talking about was me playing solo, and it’s not like I’m level capped either, the first vendor on my moze had a level 2 legendary shield.

Since the last patch, I’m hardly getting any legendaries from bosses/named. Leave it up to GBX to make drops worse when they were supposed to be making them better.

I haven’t noticed a difference in that regard. I’ve been getting the same amount of drops from bosses.

2 Likes

The number of legendaries you can find on vending machines is ridiculous. I was expecting like “a small chance to see one as an Item of the Day,” not “2-5 legendaries each time you visit the machine.”

1 Like

This…this is why it’s not worth complaining about. Every single drop could be legendary and I’d still be farming for the right set of stats I’m looking for. Plus dedicated drops rates are crap right now. At least for the items I want. I get a dozen Damned before I see a single Backburner.

They need to optimize the options and make the drops good, then they can scale the rates back so they feel legendary again. Right now, I’d rather have “too many legendaries” than not enough. Because most of them are junk without the right rolls, anoints, parts, etc.

5 Likes