Legendary Gear Thought Experiment

It’s fun maybe but it’s not overpowered imo. It is strong on one character for one reason. It doesn’t make that one character that much stronger than what you can do with non legendary gear. The aoe damage doesn’t scale or benefit from her passive iirc.

Shard Gens remove the cost so to speak, of Legendary items. It really ticks me off that the trade off of certain Legendary gear (Bolas, Sym Gauntlet, Firmware, Etc.) Is the desision of getting gear or buildables, and shard gens (Especially 0 cost ones) Remove this entirely.

1 Like

It’s pretty strong on Phoebe but not until LvL 6 and you kinda have to build her completely around it …But it’s fun and I like it so please leave the CBK alone :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t run legendary gear in pvp very often. If I’m in a bad mood or against a tryhard team sometimes I will. Most of my loadouts are under 1800 cost total and do not include shard generators. It’s not really worth it to run full economy build anymore because of the reduced xp and a weak late game where all you can do is build. If you run legendary gear without a shard gen you are going to starve your team of shards unless they have shard gens or more likely have unactivated gear at the end of the match. The cost of having legendary gear without starving your team is taking 1/3 of your gear slots for a common that does nothing but give you shards. I’m okay with this economy, it’s the imbalance of legendary gear I have a problem with.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with it lol. I’m fine with it the way it is.

2 Likes

@Rabid_Explosions @Phoenix-2613 @lemonheadjake

Comeback king isn’t even used for the highest damage potential on burst dash. I was talking with @Nemosis327 about it a while a go and if I remember right he said it is used for either the third or second highest damage potential.

Care to clarify Nemo?

Occasionally, I’ll swap my builds around. I have one that consists of three epic pieces of gear (including a shard generator with skill damage) that dishes out a decent amount of damage on Burst Dash. I tend to run this build when I’m feeling selfish with my shards and don’t particularly fancy spending them on a legendary.

CBK is really just there as a fail-safe if you whiff your initial Burst Dash. I really should start practicing without it more as not to become too reliant on it. Besides, I’m starting to like running with a shard gen more as I can level from buildables too.

The king can get you the highest potential if you use a really pricy build. Something like 1075. Next is pure shield stacking at 1019 and then the build I use at 1017.

So I guess third out of all reasonable builds I’ve worked with this far. The only was to go higher is with legendaries or conditional stats (builder Deande)

1 Like

Ah! It does benefit from her passive if it isn’t proced in the same damage instant as the dash itself.

1 Like

The failsafe is good with it, but if found that by far the most useful aspect of the king is that it holds you damage potential at +140 while your shield takes damage which gives you a lot more freedom in your attack sequences.

1 Like

This has become a bit skewed from my original point. Rabid said “nerf CBK” and then said “I don’t care” in the same post. Then Phoenix said something like “insert LotR precious meme here) don’t nerf CBK!” And then Campbell says something like “is it really op?” And I answered Campbell with a bad joke about burst dash that didn’t carry well but what I meant was I don’t think it is op either. It is very situational and doesn’t help at all on 1/4 of the roster. Whatever the details are on the damage it’s not gamebreaking from what I’ve seen.

This is all kind of a moot point after seeing the demon gear exploits.

1 Like

Question; Would limiting each load-out to 1 (one) Legendary piece of gear be better or worse for the game?

It would stop ridiculous interactions between Legendary gear, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

I was clarifying this point.

1 Like

Fair enough.

yeah, but nobody does that lol. In the scenario I presented they wouldn’t, anyway. They would be running zero cost wrench and zero cost shard, or go hard for damage, health, healing or whatever gear.

Yeah but your solution would actually play far too well into generous refund policy,(legendary shard gen that refunds a quarter of a buildables cost when it is destroyed). It would make it even easier to dominate a team economically

I only ever really use 1 legendary, Montana’a Flak Vest. I agree, It should be buffed. Like, make it slow down heat accumulation at 75% not 85%. Also, speed should be 7.5%.

I don’t even have bolas. So I don’t know if they are broken.

Bola’s Target Finder is the single most powerful piece of legendary gear in the game.

3 Likes

I’m actually a bit surprised as to why they buffed it to begin with. It was a fairly strong/good Legendary BEFORE the WU so I’m honestly not sure why they felt they needed to buff the debuff number that high.

3 Likes

my solution involves not allowing legendary gear in pvp regardless of what solution is chosen, even if no solution is introduced. The first step to solving any and every change to the game is for the developers to decide whether they want the game to have an ounce of competitiveness or not. So far they have made their choice pretty obvious. We wouldn’t be having this conversation, or at least I wouldn’t be, if it were not for the fact that sometimes they lead me to believe that they WANT that for their game. Things like implementing a draft in the rotation, things like having a tournament with no legendary gear, etc.

1 Like