Ive been contemplating an idea that would hopefully give people easier access to tournaments but could allow the use of Legendary gear. The tournament would last a month. At any point during the month two teams get together for their match and tally their points until the next bracket is complete. The 4 teams with the highest scores play on a set day at the end of the month.
It could be similar to “The Hunt” we all just have to come up with a fair point system. The point system should be directed at encouraging the most offensive play styles and anything fun to watch. “Badass Points” if you will.
I understand that legendaries are banned in tournaments and that it’s not a good idea to run 3 legendaries in PvP but what if tournament rules were different?
These rules could make the matches exciting for viewers or extra boring maybe idk. What do you guys think?
- Win a match = +10 points
- Every player activates all three legendaries = +5 points
- If non legendaries are used = minus 9 points
- Multi kill Taunt = .05 point per kill (2 points for double kill taunt, 3 for triple kill taunt etc)
- Die while taunting = minus 2 points
- Win in ten minutes (incursion) = + 1 point
- Win by 375 points (meltdown) = + 1 point
- Healer of the game = 2 points
Do you have any point or rule suggestions? Hate the idea of legendaries being used in PvP and have an alternate suggestion?