Legitimate 5-Legendary-in-1-Drop Invincible Sentinel

Moving this over from old forums. Original post was in TPS Spoilers section, dated October 30, 2014.

I did my usual thing farming some bosses, and came up dry for most of the night. After going to the raid boss and killing him once, he dropped nothing. On the SECOND kill, immediately after, I got:

Black Hole x2
ZX-1 x2
Bolshy Longnail x1

Please note: I make it a priority ever since I started doing Borderlands things to never use any third party programs in any content I put out. I have believed in/will always believe in self-farmed characters and will never use 3rd party programs, but I know there are people skeptical about this sort of thing, especially on YouTube. I show my task manager in the video below to try and dispel any “cheating” rumors.

From later post: This happened during a livestream, about 2 hours of farming into it, and it took us all by surprise. If people need the whole archive to check for “shenanigans” it is available as an unlisted video on my YouTube channel, if you wish to see the full footage PM me and I will send you the stream archive. I never exited the instance of the game once the stream started, only saved & quit to the main menu for less than 2 seconds at a time.

Quote from old forums:
OP by Black Heart (October 30, 2014, 5:19 AM)
That’s all assuming you only get one attempt per kill. As he just dropped 5 Legendaries on one kill we can assume he has either several pools with the same or similar contents or several attempts per kill, the latter seems more likely. The rate for each attempt or pool is of course more problematic but at least 5 possibilities of a drop per kill increases the probability of getting at least one drop dramatically. Getting several designated drops at once was an an impossibility in Vanilla BL2, with the exceptions being Terramorphous with 2 attempts per kill (but that would still make a double drop 1:900) and random Legendary + designated drop.

3 Likes

Dude you are the luckiest i wish i only get zx-1 but never got anything else congrats even tho its a little late

1 Like

hey bro do you got any weapons for trade or be willing to trade.

1 Like

Go to the trade sections, they’ll be able to help.

1 Like

Nice work, I’ve found out that if you consistently farm or even just play without saving and quitting for an extended period, you’ll start to see the drops come more and more the longer you are into it.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Do you think it would work in BL2?

1 Like

not sure, there’s a permanent hotfix/patch they made to TPS that is the original legendary drop rate X3. This was patched back in May. So, currently TPS has a permanent legendary drop rate 3 times that of normal. BL2 wasn’t.

1 Like

The x3 Permanent Hotfix (5/26) was for Borderlands 2 as well as Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, across all platforms.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1371/legendary-drop-rate-hot-fixes-releasing-today

1 Like

oh nice, my bad wasn’t aware.

1 Like

So in effect it could?

1 Like

yes, BL2 was given the same 3x drop rate for legendaries

2 Likes

Awesome! My life will not be complete until I get a ridiculous drop!

1 Like