Lego Ship Master Thread (Many Pictures!)

(doci7) #323

Holy halibut!!! That’s so terrific that it’s just not even fair!

(Kurtis Millette) #324

Oh man that’s sexy. I wanna get my hands on it so bad!

(Kurtis Millette) #325

Here’s a bit of a preview for my next endeavour. Built Doci’s Kushan destroyer and am gonna basically double its size to 90 long instead of 63 long. Also a taiidan destroyer in the works to go with the above missile destroyer.

(doci7) #326

This isn’t a Homeworld ship, but it’s a ship, which in ways resembles a Homeworld ship, and that is as close to reasoning for putting it here as I can get apparently:

(For optimum clarity I definitely didn’t make the model, only the lego)

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #327

Erm…

(Kurtis Millette) #328

Doubling its overall size isn’t gonna double its length. I’m not doing it wrong.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #329

Ah yes, I see. Doubling the number of pieces will not double the length.

(Kurtis Millette) #330

It’s all about that volume…

(Kurtis Millette) #331

I now have a buyable set for my Taiidan frigates! Expect cost to be well over $100 before shipping. Only minor colour changes for certain bricks and little else.

As a disclaimer, cause I feel it’s necessary, none of the money goes to me. It basically works as an automatic filter for bricklink stores to minimize how many you have to shop for parts at and prioritizes those nearest to you.

Enjoy!

https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/model.page?idModel=10550

(Snorkx) #332

Hi guys,

I went ahed and decided the actual ship. Quite proud of the beast, very complex and fun build.

(Sastrei) #333

Holy smokes it looks even cooler “in the flesh” !!!

(Kurtis Millette) #334

What a beast

(Eville Jedi) #335

Any estimate on how much the parts for the missile frigate cost?

(Snorkx) #336

That’s 3100+ new pieces, at about 10-12 € cents per piece on average. Yes it did hurt my wallet’s feelings…

(Flure99) #337

that is absolutely awesome - how long did it take you to build?

(Snorkx) #338

Probably 25+ hours for the LDD model, and about 15+ for the actual model in Lego.

(doci7) #339

Soban Battlecruiser under construction!

Quite some work left to do on this, but considering that I started out today with only a tiny corner of the front and the treads reskinned from the earlier Coalition Support Cruiser model, it shouldn’t be long before this thing is done!

The best part is this isn’t the only build I’ve been working on lately. Should have pictures of that other build sometime this week!

Also while I’m thinking about it I have some backlogged ghost builds to show as well:

(doci7) #340

Okay, finished product time:

(doci7) #341

There was only one unit left in the Gaalsien build roster I hadn’t made, and tonight I made it! Special thanks to DarthSoban, who had already built the thing before, and whose model I shamelessly borrowed ideas and (to some extent) size cues from:

(doci7) #342

Today I tried my hand at improving the LAV design I’ve been using. With that ‘ship’, most all of the character is in the snazzy turret, so that was my main area of emphasis