Lego Ship Master Thread (Many Pictures!)

(doci7) #343

Working on aircraft now. Trying to find some smidgen of ambition to make the Gunship, but nothing so far.

(doci7) #344

This was the other big build I was alluding to! I figured I’d be done with it last week, but hey, what did I know? More photos of it in my once-again ongoing “story” here:

(Kurtis Millette) #345

Frigates V2.0 done! Includes building steps. They’re all buyable pieces now, so they can be ordered individually or added to a wantlist together. The support frigate’s a bit more pricey due to the high amount of transparent pieces, but I threw in some interceptors to make up for it :wink:

Assault Frigate

Support Frigate

Ion Cannon Frigate

Field Frigate

Have fun!

(doci7) #346

I’m glad to already have some semblance of that Ion Frigate, but shoot, I’d love to have one of all of them! Probably first order of business is the Support Frigate, but that I might just have to get in Republic colors again… my fondest memories of Taiidan Support Frigates come from M17 of Cataclysm.

(doci7) #347

Also, you must now do the Kushan Frigates :sweat_smile:

(Kurtis Millette) #348

D’OH I must have accidentally muted the thread which is why I couldn’t find it in the forum without a direct link from @sastrei lol.

At any rate, Kushan frigates will be a bit more work as I don’t have an initial base to work from. The Vaygr frigates I made will be my next order. Already mostly done making the pieces buyable. More coming soon-ish.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #349

An interesting article:

(Kurtis Millette) #350

I like yours more :stuck_out_tongue: it seems I’ve missed a bunch of posts, lol oopsie

(Kurtis Millette) #351

2 orders until I can build my Vaygr frigates. For reference, here’s the front half (or some of it anyway) of the infiltrator. Plus more eye candy of the taiidan.

(Kurtis Millette) #352

I also updated my taiidan strike-craft to be scaled with the frigates. Also made out of buyable pieces. Can be found on my baseplate by sorting by upload date.

(doci7) #353

It’s going to be awesome to see all those Vaygr and Taiidan Frigates together! The Infiltrator was a great one to tease; those little infiltration pods are so fun… what a boon that there are orange binocular pieces :smile:! And I certainly haven’t tired of getting to see those Taiidan Frigates by themselves either. If there were some venue where a big Lego Homeworld display were of some obvious value, we’d have to combine our IRL builds! Pretty good representation of space and ground!

We’d have to invite the dude with the Taiidan Missile Destroyer too. There are of course countless other incredible HW builds out there, but that’s the only one I can think of off the top of my head that would closely match our relatively stringent sense of scale. Well, relative in my case anyway.

(Kurtis Millette) #354

Well as long as everything is scaled to your Honorguard cruiser then they’re to scale with mine, lol. I know your LAV is too big but it looks cute so idk, it gets a pass to me, lol.

(doci7) #355

My Coalition units in general are bigger than they ought to be next to the Gaalsien equivalents, but yeah, the LAV is pretty drastic :sweat_smile:

(Kurtis Millette) #356

Did I send you my mini coalition strike craft yet? I’ve got em all chibified to scale.

EDIT: here they are. That’s it for tonight though, I’ve had plenty to drink already, lol. Canadian thanksgiving this weekend.

(doci7) #357

I had seen them on @sastrei’s site; you did a really good job of building them on a 3/4 scale!

(Kurtis Millette) #358

Just to give a sense of scale. It is not the most sturdy model I’ve made, but I think I’m gonna design a stand system for it to compensate. It can still be carried around in one hand without issue though, so it’s not that bad. It’s a little over a foot long.

Ps. Once I build them all I’ll be taking nicer shots of them all. I just finished this one a couple minutes ago and wanted to share :slight_smile:

Update: Don’t try holding it upside down from the back end. I may want to look into fixing that. Heh.

(doci7) #359

Lego Support Cruiser now exists in realspace!

I also took to revising my Gaalsien Baserunner, trying to make it a bit bigger, so it doesn’t look a whole size class smaller than the crawler Baserunners like it currently does. (The old Gaalsi Baserunner is the one on the far right, new is the middle):

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #360

That carpet works surprisingly well as a desert floor.

(REARM V2) #361

Though i would love to see it in an actual sand too. :slight_smile:

(Kurtis Millette) #362

Well if there were DoK modding tools we could have them in-game. Cause we have almost all of the regular faction ships legofied. Like, we’re missing the carriers and a few cruisers. And i know Kragle (i still find it weird calling you that doci, sorry xD) is working on one of the carriers at the moment.