Let's improve Mayhem modifiers!

Let’s put our heads together and come up with modifiers that is both fun and engaging while still provide us with a challange that feels fair and makes sense !

Mayhem should be about encourage you to switch out your loadout, use weapons you normally would not use but it should not have modifiers that potentially breaks specific builds. Modifiers are on a per map basis, so there’s no reason for you to go back to sanctuary to respecc just for that one activity. if modifers stayed the same for the entire session, that’s another story.

so, i’ll start.

Remove:

“Enemies take 15% / 30% / 50% less damage from elemental damage” — these doesn’t add any engaging gameplay at all, they cause more harm than good. some builds rely on a certain element such as cryo for zane. -50% cryo damage isn’t just a blow to his damage but it makes enemies so much harder to freeze, which is a important mechanic for one for his builds. mayhem already increase enemey health / armor / shield for each tier, there’s no need to nerf our damage further at the same time.

“Players deal 50% damage with all guns but players gain 45% increased cooldown rate and deal more skill damage” – on paper, this is actually not a bad modifier i think. But since it seems to be so damn easy to gain a lot of cooldown reduction already, the bonus isn’t that great due to diminishing returns… 45% skill damage is alright, sure… but -50% gun damage in a game were it’s literally about shooting guns… yeah that’s fun at all in my opinion. also, this modifier would cancel out my suggested modifers down below.

“increase damage with specific weapons while lower everything else” – that’s alright imo, atleast it makes you think a little bit about your loadout… but i’m putting these on the list because, again, my suggested modifiers down below.

“70% less damage with normal bullets but deal 70% increased elemental damage” – i dare say that most people use elemental weapons most of the time already, this is just a massive boost across the board in most cases. i’d say remove, especially because of -70% to normal damage (jakobs) and because of my suggested modifiers down below.

Add:

Yeet!! - Tediore weapons deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

If it took more than one, it wasn’t a jakobs! - Jakobs weapon deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

We’re not the bad guys this time around! - Hyperion weapons deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

MOTHAF*KCING EXPLOSIONS?!?!? - Torgue weapons deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

Follow, Like and Obey! - CoV weapons deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

Superior tech! - Maliwan weapons deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

State-of-the-art! - Atlas weapons deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

Random Dahl Quote here - Dahl weapons deal 10% / 20% / 30% more damage. -10% / -20%- / -30% to all other manufactors.

these changes don’t force you into a specific weapon type but it encourage you to use weapons from manufactors you normally wouldn’t use and it’s also applied to heavy weapons… which i believe is needed, makes them a lot more appealing to use.

Give annoited some damn cooldowns please! - suddenly start chaining immune phases and constantly teleport around you isn’t fun, it’s just annoying.

CoV Badasses needs to find new weapons to use other than DP-Rocket Launchers. they’re more accurate than snipers with them aswell. If they’re allowed to spam rockets, Moze should be allowed to spam granades.

Reflect bullets. NoPE

there needs to be some system in place that prevents stacking modifiers. You often get modifiers that either completely cancel each other out or stacks up which gives either insane benefits or completely ruins your chances to do anything meaningful.

I initially had a lot more suggestions, but this post took so long i actually forgot a lot of them. hehehehe.

These are mine, now let’s hear yours ! how would you change Mayhem so it’s both fun, engaging and challaging in a fair way?

We already have many threads on mayhem mode, what’s wrong with it and what people want to fix.

Please use an existing thread.