Let's Speculate - A New Tree For Moze with Create-Your-Own Template

This won’t be the most popular post, but I thought it’d be useful for anyone trying to create their own skill tree.

Template to Make a New Tree for Moze

Skill List Template at the Bottom

Example Idea for a New Tree (I’m not creative enough to come up with skill names):

Cryotherapist

Iron Bear Weaponry

A1 Hard Point - Iron Bear fires a low flying Mortar that explode on contact and creates a puddle of Molten Fire with high chance to ignite enemies. (Fires about twice as fast as nuke)
A2 Augment - Fire a horizontal volley of 3 Mortars with significantly reduced radius and increased fire rate
A3 Augment - Fires a larger Mortar that explodes 5 seconds after impact with terrain or instantly when an enemy is struck. 3 times radius and splash damage, 3 times longer reload speed and fuel drain
A4 Augment - Converts Mortar to Shock, fires 5 mini mortars spread out that chain together. High chance to electrocute, reduced fuel drain

B1 Hard Point - Fire a blast of explosive shrapnel. High fire rate.
B2 Augment - Double pellet count, but double spread. Converts to Fire
B3 Augment - Convert half pellets to Cryo and half to Radiation
B4 Augment - Convert shrapnel round to high speed sticky saw-blades. Stuck saw-blades have increased damage for each stuck, explode and ricochets shrapnel on reload. 3 shot magazine, very quick reload. Reduced fuel drain and shrapnel damage

Moze Skills

Tier 1

1 - 5 points - Increase Moze and Iron Bear’s Reload Speed - 5% per point
2 - 1 points - Iron Bear can be summoned as a turret. When enemies approach Iron Bear, he creates a fire nova that deals strong area knockback (5s cooldown)
3 - 5 points - The longer Moze fires without reloading the faster her fire rate - 5% max fire rate per point, 0.5% increase / second per point

Tier 2

4 - 3 points - Adds % of gun damage as Bonus Cryo with increased efficiency - 5% per point
5 - 5 points - Moze gains health regen and max health - Regen 0.5% max health per point, gain 8% max health per point
6 - 3 points - When Moze or Iron Bear scores a critical hit they gain 5 seconds of healing - 3% missing health per point

Tier 3

7 - 1 point - When Moze deals Cryo Damage her and her team heal - 1% of cryo damage dealt
8 - 5 points - Moze gains Fire Resistance - 9% per point

Tier 4

9 - 5 points - Moze gains Bonus Cryo Damage when she inflicts splash - 3% of splash damage dealt
10 - 1 point - Moze replaces her shield with Armor and takes reduced splash damage. Armor gains all shield bonuses

Tier 5

11 - 3 points - The higher Moze’s shield and Iron Bear’s Armor, the more gun damage they do - 11% per point
12 - 3 points - KILL SKILL. When Moze or Iron Bear Kill an Enemy they gain bonus splash damage for 10 seconds, stacks 5 times - 8% damage as splash from all sources per point

Capstone

C - Yellow Snow - Converts 50% of Moze’s Bonus Cryo Damage to Bonus Radiation Damage, all skill tree Cryo Bonuses now apply to Bonus Radiation as well.

If you want to use the template below, only edit the TEXT characters, not the asterisks and hash symbols

SKILL DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE START

Title of new Tree

Iron Bear Weaponry

A1 Hard Point - Name - Description
A2 Augment - Name - Description
A3 Augment - Name - Description
A4 Augment - Name - Description

B1 Hard Point - Name - Description
B2 Augment - Name - Description
B3 Augment - Name - Description
B4 Augment - Name - Description

Moze Skills

Tier 1

1 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does
2 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does
3 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does

Tier 2

4 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does
5 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does
6 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does

Tier 3

7 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does
8 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does

Tier 4

9 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does
10 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does

Tier 5

11 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does
12 - number of points - Name - description - how much each point does

Capstone

C - Name - description

SKILL DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE END

Feel free to use this template on your own post

I emailed the creator of the app Skill Tree for Borderlands 3 and asked if they could whip me up a blank skill tree to make this post. It was done in a few minutes, which was awesome. I’m not affiliated with them in anyway of course (free app btw), but it’s the app I use because it’s never offline. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it! I added the numbers so any misalignment there is on me, not them.

HUGE THANKS to them for doing this for me!

Capstone name by @gokpok

2 Likes

First off, this is a really fun idea.
Thank you to you and the person that made the template for you :slightly_smiling_face:

And while I like the idea of an elemental tree for Moze, I prefer Radiation over Cryo!

ISOTOPE TROOPER

Iron Bear Weaponry

A1 Hard Point - Rad Ray - Shoots out a beam of radiation damage that gets stronger over time. Enemies killed by IB leave behind elemental puddles.
A2 Augment - Reactor Leak - IB releases a radiation nova when reloading
A3 Augment - Coolant Spray - Beam is changed to Cryo and gets bonus damage
A4 Augment - The Ooze - Instead of elemental puddles, enemies killed by IB leave behind healing auras on death

B1 Hard Point - Badaboom - IB lobs an elemental barrel matching element of equipped grenade mod
B2 Augment - Kersplash - Splash area of barrels is doubled
B3 Augment - Roll Out - Fire rate and barrel speed increased significantly
B4 Augment - Of Monkeys - Instead of a barrel, IB throws Moze’s currently equipped grenade

Moze Skills

Tier 1

1 - 5 - Depleted Rounds - Each bullet from Moze has a 20% chance to have bonus radiation damage - 3% bonus damage per point
2 - 1 - Orbital Drop - Rad and Incendiary novas when getting in and out of IB - 5k Incendiary getting in. 5k Radiation getting out.
3 - 5 - Mutagen - Moze gets increased max HP. IB gets an additional bonus - 4% per point for Moze. 10% per point for IB (this stacks with Moze’s larger HP pool)

Tier 2

4 - 5 - Nuka Brand - Increase all radiation damage dealt by Moze and IB - 5% for Moze. 10% for IB.
5 - 3 - Bombadeer - KILL SKILL - When Moze kills an enemy they release a radiation nova - 1k/2k/4k damage
6 - 3 - Lieutenant Lazarus - Moze gains health regen based off of missing health - 5% of missing health per point

Tier 3

7 - 5 - Corroded Catharsis - When Moze or IB deal Radiation damage, deal bonus corrosive damage too. - 20% per point
8 - 1 - Jump Jets - Moze and IB’s jump height is increased. IB can now slam - IB’s slam triggers slam artifact effects

Tier 4

9 - 5 - Ion Shielding - Moze gains resistance to radiation and improved shield recharge delay - 10% rad resist. -10% shield delay
10 - 3 - Half-Life - Increase the duration of Moze’s radiation effects - +15% duration per point

Tier 5

11 - 1 - Repurposed Plated - Moze’s health bar is replaced with an armor bar - 100% of health to armor
12 - 5 - Life Force - KILL SKILL. When Moze kills an enemy, she regains a flat amount of shields equal to a portion of her missing health. - 10% of missing health to shields per point.

Capstone

C - Ghoulish Delights - Moze produces a constant radiation aura whenever her health is below 100%. The lower her health, the stronger the aura.

Let me know what you think! :smile:

2 Likes

Me too actually, that’s why I ended up tagging on the capstone in my example haha.

I like the reserved health synergies you have in 12 and Capstone. Also I think your armor bar is better than the one I had.

Would love it if Moze got a skill that made this useful for her.

Great skill names too. I couldn’t even think of a single one so I just stuck one in my capstone as an example.

Once you get the idea for the tree it’s a lot of fun trying to think up some skills that work with her other trees.

Well done.

1 Like

Thanks! I was trying to Come up with synergies with each of her other skill trees while still being unique and versatile enough that she wouldn’t be forced into one or two specific builds.

Coming up with fun names might be my favorite parts.

Thank you! And again, thank you for putting up this thread. :smile:

1 Like

Tacticool

Iron Bear Weaponry

A1 Hard Point - Autocannon - Fires a high damage kinetic shell. 3 round capacity and slow reload speed.
A2 Augment - Wild Style - Converts damage to random elements. 3 round capacity and faster reload speed.
A3 Augment - Broadside - Fires a burst of 5 low damage shells. 10 round capacity and faster reload speed.
A4 Augment - Cannon Ball, Run - Fires a cannon ball with a parabolic trajectory, dealing heavy splash damage over a medium area. 1 round capacity and slowest reload speed.

B1 Hard Point - Landmines - Flings 3 proximity mines that trigger each other, dealing medium kinetic splash damage. 4 round capacity and medium reload speed.
B2 Augment - Snappers - Mines break into 4 smaller mines, dealing low kinetic splash damage and has less splash damage radius. 6 round capacity and medium reload speed.
B3 Augment - Static Shock - Mines have delayed explosions and shock nearby enemies before exploding. Converts damage to shock. 3 round capacity and medium reload speed.
B4 Augment - Mindfield - Deployed one large naval mine that hovers in the air and slowly moves toward the nearest enemy. 2 round capacity and slowest reload speed.

Moze Skills

Tier 1

1 - 5 points - Galvanize - When Moze switches the mode of her weapon, gain 4/8/12/16/20% reload speed for 15 seconds and vice versa.
2 - 3 points - Full Mettle - Whenever Moze and Iron Bear deal damage, regenerate 1/2/3% of your missing health for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times. Scoring a critical hit generates 3 stacks.
3 - 5 points - O’Leery Kin of Jens - When Moze hasn’t taken damage from enemies for 6 seconds, she gains 4/10/15/20/25% gun damage and 3/6/9/12/15% movement speed.

Tier 2

4 - 3 points - Last Stand - While in FFYL, gain 6/12/18% fire rate, 12/24/36% reload speed, and 11/22/33% FFYL Time.
5 - 3 points - Taser Tag - 10/20/30% of a fully loaded magazine deals 20% additional damage as shock.
6 - 5 points - Where’s the Scope? - While in ADS, gain 3/6/9/12/15% increased accuracy and critical hit damage. If Moze switches weapon modes, maintain the bonus for 10 seconds.

Tier 3

7 - 1 point - Stablizers - When Moze and Iron Bear take damage from enemies, gain up to 35% reload speed and up to 50% handling for 10 seconds. Smaller magazines get more reload speed. Larger magazines get more handling.
8 - 3 points - Pimped Out - Gain 12/24/36% weapon swap speed, mode switch speed, and charge speed. Increase the magazine size of Vladof attachments by 3/5/7.

Tier 4

9 - 3 points - Extreme Action - When Moze deals damage with a gun, gain 7/9/11% gun damage for 10 seconds. Dealing damage with a different gun or switching modes grants a stack. Stacks up to 3 times.
10 - 3 points - Reload, Recharge, and Relax - Whenever Moze and Iron Bear reload or overheat, gain 3.33/6.67/10% of her maximum shield capacity/armor. Whenever Moze swaps weapons, gain 2/4/6% of her maximum health.

Tier 5

11 - 1 point - Hit the Ground - When Moze exits Iron Bear, gain 25% movement speed, which decreases over 6 seconds.
12 - 5 points -Shoddy Craftmanship - Increase Moze’s action skill cooldown rate by 22/29/36/43/50%, but reduce Iron Bear’s armor by 4/8/12/16/20%.

Capstone

C - ReLoaded for Bear - After reloading, Moze and Iron Bear gain 25% damage and 12% fire rate for 15 seconds.

Making this was hard... I do not envy the devs. This is a fun thread.
2 Likes

Nice tree! I like that it addresses Moze’s shortcomings. I guess that’s how I approached mines as well. Your capstone should’ve been called Yellow Snow.

@MirrorKnight42
I like the barrel idea. It’s very unique. Your names make the tree thematically sound. I also thought about giving IB the ability to use artifacts, but it felt out of place for my tree.

Your skill tree is incredibly dynamic and I love it!

The way you build her bonuses around mode switching/weapon swapping/reloading really feels like it brings together a lot of the loose ends of her current kit.
Taser Tag and Pimped Out are probably my two favorites. TT is great because it actually rewards you for maintaining a full magazine with Bottomless Mags. PO is great because so many bonuses are lost with under-barrel accessories.
Totally awesome.

Question, would O’Leery Kin Of Jens kick in whenever you’re inside of IB for more than 6 seconds, since “Moze” isn’t taking damage?

1 Like

This was fun to read. At first I didn’t know where it was going but the overall weapon/mode switching is cool and severely lacking so far in the game. They could give us some better anointments to work with for this too.

Bravo :clap::clap: I challenge anyone to beat that name haha

1 Like

Thank you. It was originally a “reload” tree, because that’s an area I find Moze lacking. But then I realized it wasn’t enough, so I decided to build around Scrappy too.

TT was inspired by both of your guys’ elemental trees. It was more about having the bonus after reloading, but it happened to synergize with BM, so that was nice.

No, sorry. O’Leery Kin Of Jens doesn’t affect IB. It’s just there to allow you to get between fights faster and give you an advantage at the start. The skill is actually filler, because I ran out of ideas.

@HurdyGurdy
Yeah, I didn’t want the mechanics seem convoluted, so I made the conditions easy to satisfy. New annointments do sound nice, but I don’t know how Gbx would make them seem interesting.

2 Likes

If we got some 18s shield and grenade anointments, I’d be more than happy with that because then you can switch weapons. I feel like a 50% weapon fire rate increase on IB exit as a weapon anointment would be pretty killer with some for the road and shield/grenade anointments.

They just kind of made moze hard to use as a lot of the stuff clashes with her skills and mods. The mag bonuses are great because they can last indefinitely, but they strongly discourage weapon swaps so everyone just uses a kybs with rad and cryo/corrosive.

2 Likes