Lets talk skins!

Hey there badasses!

As the title suggests, I’d like to have a little discussion about skins, propose some ideas and gather some feedback from all of you awesome people. More specifically, I’d like to talk about upcoming Tier 2 and Tier 3 skins along with DLC pack content. We already know the game currently contains Tier 1 skins only (and if you didn’t, now you do!) Tier 2 skins will be introduced with the next big update, no word on Tier 3 yet. Before I get into how to introduce these into the game, I’d like to talk about DLC packs, if you don’t mind.

We know each pack will contain a new PvE mission adding to the story, a new hero and will also -something something- cosmetics! People seem to be expecting each pack to instantly unlock skins and taunts, same as the hero, but I don’t really like that idea. I feel it takes away from the prestige of owning said skin when the majority of people also have it. It also takes away the fun of unlocking it, that moment of pure happiness you get when that thing you’ve been wanting drops! what I’d like to see instead is for every pack to introduce new skins and taunts, but instead of just giving us those shiny new goodies, why not introduce cosmetic loot packs and include a few with the DLC pack? Each cosmetic loot pack would produce random skins and taunts (and every DLC pack would introduce a new cosmetic crate containing only the newest, shiniest bicycles cough I mean cosmetics). Not only that, but the new mission could also have a chance to drop these new cosmetic packs, giving us even more reasons to play the ever loving ■■■■ out of it.

Now, now, I hear you complaining about how difficult it will be to get that elusive Tier 3 skin you want and need in your life, and don’t worry my annoying friend, because I have just the thing for you: a trade system! I’m sure gearbox already had in mind to do something like this given that the Steam forums have a trade sub-section (pure speculation). They could give us the ability to trade (and possibly even gift) skins and taunts with friends and strangers alike.

Now, regarding those Tier 2 and 3 skins. I would assume they’ll be added to the faction packs once released, but it would be nice to have cosmetic packs for these too. Each mission could have its own pack containing a set number of cosmetics (maybe even somewhat related to said mission?), making it somewhat easier to farm that one skin or taunt you oh so desire. I don’t know what the drop rate for these packs would be or condition (boss drop? Only in advanced with a bigger chance in hardcore? tied to medals? If it’s the later, please review the system, it’s currently very odd and confusing) but I was hoping we could discuss this together, assuming you actually like the idea.

So, yeah, thoughts? Does it sound like something the community would want or should I crawl back under my rock? Any feedback would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hugs n’ kisses!

1 Like

i like the idea of earning stuff i think it fits this game