Level 50. Max SDUs. What level of gear do you ignore?

I have 3 level 50 characters and max SDUs. I don’t really have a need for money any more that I’m aware of. I find myself still picking up guns that have a hefty price tag to sell (not sure why I’m doing this but I can’t help myself…habit).

I’m curious what level of gear others just ignore once at the point where money is not really a thing. Too bad you can’t buy more bank/bag space…I digress. Do you just ignore all but legendary stuff? Do you still look at epic quality items that have favorable stats or anointed effects? Blue even?

It would certainly be far less trouble to just ignore all but the golden loot but seems somewhat limiting. That being said are there actually purple or blue quality items good enough to replace legendary items or maybe non-legendary items that have effects or combinations not found on legendary items that are useful enough to use on their own merits?

4 Likes

I love collecting all the red text weapons and gear. Then after I am done I collect purples but I haven’t tried to do this yet because of the lack of space. They really need to add a huge amount of space so I can hoard like never before otherwise I cannot be bothered to grind anymore while passing up good items.

1 Like

Legendary items very often differ from non legendary items more on how they fire. In many cases, there are purple and blue weapons that have no legendary equivalent.

For instance, shotguns. Most legendary shotguns do really weird (but cool) stuff, leaving a lot to be desired if you just want a real good murder machine. So a lot of times looking at Purple and Blue Jakobs and Torgue shotguns is a real good idea.

There’s no legendary version of a Maliwan Shockwave either, sadly. That’s what I want more than anything :sob:

3 Likes

To build off of what they said, normal guns don’t suffer from the gimmicks that legendaries have, and so are often times more versatile. With the right playstyle and build, epic guns can regularly out do a legendary, but the same can be said vice versa. It really matters as to what you want from the gun, and what you want to do with it.

2 Likes

Legendary + anointed > Purple + anointed > Trash (let go, pass by, not worth any attention)
With exception of artifacts and class mods of course, which can’t be anointed.

Also money lost any value anyway as soon I reached lvl 50 with a character and played a bit in Mayhem 3, the other two I started then got their 27mio to max all their their SDU as soon they got to sanctuary and the same will happen with the fourth, because my mules (and so myself) are soon billionaires. :rofl:

@sammantixbb Yeah, that there’s no legendary Shockwave indeed sucks.

2 Likes

Honestly? Pretty much everything.

I just recently stopped looking FOR legendaries and AT purples. Found some love there.

Now it’s purples and I’ll glance at Legendary Weapons to see what it is. But I am grinding and trying a LOT of purples.

I need a small increase to my bank. I am not a hoarder in these games, but over my 4 characters and versatility of some builds, I need like…50 more spaces and I should be alright.

I truly can’t wait for new batches/edits/rarities to come. Like Pearls/Rainbow. Maybe a new type of manufacturing company joins the fold and makes EXCLUSIVELY Legendary type weapons. They could make an entire story with that.

Tl:dr - Purples Anointed > Legendary Anointed > Don’t even see them. If it is not gold or purple I legitimately don’t see it anymore.

2 Likes

Would you say that goes for weapons only? I can definitely see the value in some epic weapons with good stat rolls being viable (I’m currently doing that to max out my Dahl weapons to boost my matched set bonus) but I’m much less sure about artifacts/mods/shields. Are there any non-weapon items that people would use above legendary type stuff? I could maybe see some terror specific items since those are kind of specific and exist unto themselves but what about outside of that example?

2 Likes

Oh…uh…my grenades are purple something…

But good point. Aside from guns I have not strayed far from legendaries in gear.

Absolutely great question though…

1 Like

I’ve made a few builds based around purple class mods. The thing with them is, they commonly boost skills that legendary ones do not. And many of those come with like +3 on a 3/3 or +1 on a 1/1 (doubling the skill), being very strong. Then with class mods and artifacts, sometimes the passive synergies, outweigh anything the legendary class mods or artifacts would give. I’d have to look through my stuff to remember but there was on I made use of that had a +3 on 3/3 and 2 +1 on 1/1’s. Very very good com that was.

3 Likes

I’d be interested in some 1/1 mods…doubling those may be deadly eith correct builds.

1 Like

Yeah I got a couple of those boosts to 1/1 skills while leveling. They are quite nice. Also, for the reasons you mentioned I have had a hard time vendoring many of my non-legendary mods even though I’m not using them. I just don’t have a wide variety of gear or end game experience but I could see maybe using them in some more creative builds that wanted to boost particular skills. Problem is…I don’t have bank space to support all these epic quality drops. :frowning:

Blue purple and legendary relics I’ll check. Any annointed legendary I’ll check and occasionally annointed purple guns/grenades but everything else I won’t touch. My money on most characters is 70-99,999,999 mil so no use selling items.

1 Like

I’m still checking all purple stuff dropping, especilly, because certain weapon archetypes don’t have any legendaries and because purple classmods can offer skill combinations, that legendaries don’t have, that make them extremely strong. Also, purple relics often come with way better stats on them then legendary ones. Just found a purple rad Host the other day (an E-tech elemental grenade laucher with insanely high elemental damage and proc chance), that turned my Moze into a monster, Torgue would be proud ;-).

2 Likes

If it doesn’t have some tentacle-ness to it, then I keep on walkin’

If it doesn’t have some kind of annointed-ness …then I probably keep on walkin’

1 Like

same here, I usually ignore greens alltogether but look over the blues and purple to find any valuable guns (50k+ does the trick) and carry it to the next venfor shop. Like you I have no use for money anymore but I just cannot let myself leaving them ^^

2 Likes

I’m checking legendaries out still, a lot I’ve yet to see function. Definitely looking at every purple, blues I’ll check out if it has an alien barrel, red text, or anointment.

3 Likes

(These are all for world drops. I love certain Mission Rewards)
Pistols: Ignore all but legendary
SMG: Ignore all but legendary. Exception is Cryo SMGs because I still need a good one for Zane.
Shotgun: Ignore completely. I don’t like shotgun play and I think it is annoying when I shoot somebody and they float into the air real slowly. If they just stayed put they would be dead already.
Assault Rifles: Ignore all but legendary
Snipers: Actually make certain I look at Purple Snipers. I remember I got a Jakobs Purple as soon as I hit 50. Had like 3500 dmg and a high crit bonus. I should have kept it but I sold it thinking I’ll get a 50 legendary sniper that is better. I have yet to find a good legendary sniper that I like. I mostly get Stalkers and Freeze Snipers but I hate those variants. A lot of legendary snipers are sort of gimmicky and don’t function as just a sniper-sniper IMO. Holding out I get a good legendary soon but as of now all the great snipers I find are purple.
Launchers:Just sell them all. I literally don’t use Launchers in BL3.

Shields:Using a Transformer on my Amara but that’s literally the only Legendary shield I like to use. I find all the great shields I use are Purple and the Legendary gimmick effects just don’t suit my playstyle.
Class Mods: Only care for Legendary Mods. Ignore the rest
Grenades: I look at Purple Atlas grenades to see their rolls but otherwise I just sell everything not Legendary
Relics: Pretty much exclusively only use Purple relics. I’ve yet to find a legendary that sounds even remotely good for my builds. Plus, I like +HP Regen on my Relics and none of the legendary gear has it or I’ve just been so unlucky.

3 Likes

I look at blue and purple snipers to see if they’re antimatter and cover a good combo of elements. Otherwise it’s pretty much orange only now.

2 Likes

I personally dislike alien barrel weapons, but I also find myself ignoring a good number of orange weapons as well. I just don’t care for the gimmicks on most of them. I do really like my orange Tsunami though. I use Atlas and Maliwan almost exclusively.

I realize I am a strange person.

4 Likes

Shotgun are really lacking yeah, only the Doom shotgun work like a proper one. The Tidal Wave shotgun is REALLY strong if you learn to shot a point blank though and also work like a normal shotgun in this situation

3 Likes