Level cap increase soon

What about the bugs and imbalance it introduced. Was that awesome?

1 Like

Or the MH10 (farmed) weapons that actually turned out (in my case) to be MH7. Those were a cool addition /s

Also; they are soon to be irrelevant when the next level cap increase drops; drip fed content, ‘re-balanced’ after event has ended. No longer obtainable after even has ended. Made obsolete soon after.

2 Likes

Lol. Interesting choice of insult.
That wasn’t how I took the phrase “Mayhem 2.0 was … optional”, but I get that it may have been what you intended. Fair enough.

Already replied to your point, but I’ll expand, you… cashew, you. (Lol)
Mayhem mode is the entire point of finishing the main quest line. It’s the reward you unlock for completing the game. If you opt out of it, there’s no point in finishing the game. At least, for most people. Sure, you CAN choose not to play it, but then you’re left with basic level enemies and low level rewards (minimal drops, xp and currency). The endgame is built around mayhem mode, so most people don’t see it as an optional extra.

I’m played thousands of hours and every single game. I just don’t spend my time “farming”. By which I mean “repeating a single small part of the game over and over while trying to achieve a particular result”.
I spend my time playing through various levels and not repeating the same area for a while each time.

Not necessarily. You can find all the best stuff just by playing the game normally (running through maps, killing all the enemies, killing the boss, move to new map), but unless you’re lucky it’ll take longer.
And that’s ignoring the possibility of trading, etc.

Well said, both of you. Couldn’t agree more.
And yeah, feeling like a game requires farming is what would stop me playing, so I don’t get gearbox’s current push to promote farming in an attempt to keep players playing.

So, because I play differently, you seem to assume I’m a “novice or casual”? You can think that, but I don’t agree with your reasoning.

Totally agree with this, though.

3 Likes

I was thinking they could put mayhem mode out of the game for a bit and release a UVHM instead and balance for a single difficulty instead of 10. Then, after DLC 4 we can get mayhem mode back in the game, instead of balancing for 10 different levels across every additional content that gets added. End game for now could be take downs on UVHM. I feel like balancing across 10 levels is just too much to juggle.

1 Like

Different people play the game for different reasons and in different ways. And that is completely fine.

It is NOT fine when forum users make assumptions about other forum users, or otherwise devalue different ways of playing the game. So resist the temptation do such things, please and thank you.

Please read the FORUM RULES

3 Likes

Just want to point out, I have a post on here about finishing the new takedown, m10, solo. And, that was before the recent hotfix that lowered the difficulty.
I didn’t farm for a single piece of gear used in that run, so the idea that “you have to farm to get good gear or a decent build” is just nonsense.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bad Posts (for individual posts not topics)

BL2 had 2 lvl cap increase and the OP lvl, then years later more lvl and OP lvl, so 3x, bl3 we are going for the 4x before the end of it’s life.

2 Likes

You mean the two weapons that were introduced? What bugs? I didn’t experience any with the intro of the Cartel event. Unless you mean mayhem 2.0…

Santa Claus of Borderlands lol

3 Likes

Needs to be said that I can’t thank these people enough, I even pay it back every now and then and just drop my loot in lobbies. My saves are backed up so it’s no biggie. Just makes you feel good sometimes when someone mics up and thanks ya.

3 Likes

Agreed! These incremental level increases Are not making 10 levels of Mayham viable. In borderlands 2 you couldn’t even go into OP until you level capped. This is why I think Mayham levels should have only been available based on Player level cap. Does this mean we’re going to go 3 x 3 x 3 until we hit 100? Right now that’s what it seems like. If that’s the case then raise the level caps by 10 until we hit 100. I would just like to see them spread it out a little further with a little more substance. It would also be nice to see an option to turn off the Mayham modifiers. It’s great that we can turn Mayham on and off, cool. This is why I liked the old Mayham mode. There should be an option to play without all these extra visuals that are not necessary. So cool, you want to play with a group or party and make it different. But what about those who don’t, the answer is turn off Mayham mode. Not fair.

4 Likes

Also if it’s true, then the cats already out of the bag. If we’re going to see a fourth skill tree going forward then level caps should be Significantly higher.

1 Like

I would actually be okay if they added 10 lvls a hundred times, because with each lvl cal increase I would actually feel more powerful (10 new points on a tree can make a huge impact), but 3 points/lvl will get me 10% more damage or 30% more shield at best… The gear lvl will increase and get stronger, sure, but the enemies are going to follow you and give more damage as well, so it is just not worth it.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right. So here’s what I’ve determined so far the 10 levels of Mayhem and enemy scaling is already there. I think the problem is that whatever gearbox is determined to be the final level cap we are just not there yet. You are spot on with the damage increase for us so now multiply that from Mayham level six up. What I realized is if we eventually get to the higher level caps we would potentially catch up to where the higher enemy levels as it was intended. Or maybe not? This is the problem though, because I would love to know what the intended endgame should be.

All that.
I’d play M10 if it wasn’t so littered with modifiers amongst all that DR. As it is, mid levels suit me fine.

Of course there’s the rumours of an added tree, which implies another, what, 10,12 levels?

And if that’s the case, even higher M-levels so those who think M10 is about right aren’t all the sudden overpowered?

Here we are with the promise of a never ending balancing act. Bump this, nerf that, repeat.

Like cutting your own hair. Pretty soon you give up and shave it all off.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not to throw more fuel on the fire here, what happens when and if there is a UVHM MODE. Will the game need to be built from the ground up again!

1 Like

To be honest, I feel quite OP playing M10, but my build is the best possible to play Takedown.
That’s something that I don’t like about this game right now, normal content is quite easy when you get ready to takedown, and when I say easy is easy like killing boss under 20s, so if I want to actually have a challenge I need to sabotage myself or only play takedown.

1 Like