LiquidSky Cloud Supercomputer running Boarderlands 2 1080p max Settings

Hello everyone. This is a youtube video of me running Boarderlands 2 using Liquidsky. Its a cloud supercomputer that you can run anything on! Im running this at 1080p with everything cranked up to the max. Tell me what you think?

Maybe it’s the Youtube compression/processing, but that doesn’t look different from what I see (and I’m running fairly “old” equipment)? Turn Physx on max, grab yourself a corrosive weapon with a lot of splash, and go stir up a nest of Threshers in a big open map (maybe Scalding Remnants in Sawtooth Cauldron)… some Wormhole Threshers spinning up the Physx particles and corrosive/slag goop in the middle of some intense combat might show off that system better than static environments?

1 Like

Its all being run in the cloud. I did have everything turned up but I like the acid and thresher idea. Thanks for the ideas and ill post some more vids of me in those scenarios. Liquidsky is fairly new and that was just some of the other things ive run.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw8u6w5BhKN-M5GEOnPLiqw/videos

Come back when you’ve tried 4k or downsampling to a similarly large amount (3072 x 1728 for example at 85 Hz) and have Physx maxed out too and I’ll be impressed.

1 Like

Well it doesn’t just play videogames. It also does video editing anything else you need. Liquid Sky isnt just for games. :slight_smile: I’ve run other higher end games besides borderlands 2 and I was playing the game from my cell phone. Very convenient. You should come check out the service for yourself P-Anarchist im sure youll like it. Its still in BETA and everything is being run in the cloud not a local machine.

1 Like

That’s neat!

[quote=“mattjenn01, post:5, topic:537994”]
You should come check out the service for yourself P-Anarchist im sure youll like it. Its still in BETA and everything is being run in the cloud not a local machine.
[/quote]I might but I wouldn’t have any real need for it (SLI 780’s means I can run at pretty close to max settings on everything and downsample to high resolutions like 3072 by 1728 and still maintain 85 fps barring common fps killing zones or situations)

You have an amazing rig. My pc couldn’t dream of run any current game let alone resolutions of 3072 by 1728. Did you see my youtube link. I’ve run other games besides borderlands 2 using Liquid Sky. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spent ~$2200 (US dollars in case you’re outside the US) for all the parts (not from a kit but individually chosen) but overall seems to have been worth it. It does stutter from time to time but usually it’s in situations where every rig on the planet would stutter (ultra physx setting + physx spewing gun + lots of mobs with physx spewing guns)
If LiquidSky Cloud handle it (maintain say 60-85 fps with little to no stutter/dipping to 30 fps) I would be genuinely surprised and a bit jealous (why spend ~$2000 when you could “stream” it?).

Kinda curious to see if the option to downsample is available with LiquidSky but I reckon it is.

[quote=“mattjenn01, post:7, topic:537994”]
Did you see my youtube link. I’ve run other games besides borderlands 2 using Liquid Sky.
[/quote]Yep and it seems the quality is a bit lower than maximum but I’m betting that’s partially YouTube’s fault or zooming in a bit too much/having it on full screen mode (seems to be a bit blurry in general and some edges on weapons/landscapes are a little bit more blurry but given it was 720 pixel wide quality YouTube was sending and it was being stretched to fit a 1080 pixel wide monitor I think it’s safe to say most of it was due to stretching and thus blurring was unavoidable)

As for your question about framerate absolutely maintain 60-85fps at 1080p on ultra. You also have DL speeds of 800mbps down and up since your connected to the supercomputer. :wink: Seeing is believing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

do u need any lvl 50 weapons if u do let me know which ones

Please dont post in irrelevant threads…I made you a thread earlier from one of your other off topic posts. Please use it.