List your 1 main from each Borderlands game and we try to decide what play style you like

(Bun Bun299) #83

BL1: Roland the Soldier
BL2: Maya the Siren
BLTPS: Nisha the Lawbringer

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #84

I’m gonna guess
Lilith
Maya
Jack

(Here comes the BOOOOM) #85

I was going to say support classes until I saw Nisha. Now I don’t know, this one’s a doozy :confounded:

Maybe its big shields? I don’t remember BL1 too well, but I think Roland had some pretty big shield increases. The only thread I can see between the three is that they all have big a** shields.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #86

Yeah I’m stumped to

([-10h GMT] PS4: Raven-Ghosthawk || Perma-brow Vulcan) #87

@boombumr Very perceptive, although I honestly wasn’t paying so much attention to shield skills so much as damage and mobility. Also, I updated that post to include Maya and (to a lesser extent) Gaige.

Sidenote/Curiosity: Given that this thread covers more than just TPS, shouldn’t this be in a more general area of discussion? Just so folks don’t have to dig for it.

(Bun Bun299) #88

To be honest, mine was kind of a trick entry. I don’t really have a preferred play style. I just wanted to see what people might guess. Roland was my main in BL1 because when I first got that game, he just looked like the coolest one to me. Then come BL2, I dismissed Axton to start because I wanted a different experience this time around. Then Salvador was out because my brother started playing a few hours before I did, and he took Sal, and I didn’t want 2 of the same running around in co-op. So it came down to a coin toss between Maya and Zer0, which Maya won. And it was fortunate that she did, because our other co-op buddies took Axton and Zer0. Then came TPS. When I learned the Sheriff of Lynchwood would be a playable character, I didn’t even care what her power was, I knew she had to be my first TPS character, and she remains my main.

(Trajforce) #89

BL1 - Lilith
BL2 - Maya
BL3 - Athena

(Matrixneo42) #90

Borderlands 1 - Lilith
BL2 - Sal
TPS - Jack

BL2 was almost Maya. Her slagging skills are excellent. But I can solo most stuff with my Sal and I’ve played him the most. Also, I’ve spent a lot of time with every borderlands character, so this was kind of tough.

I listed Jack because I spent the most time with him and I prestiged him once.

Lilith because I can solo Craw legitly with her.

(Today, everything was fine in Opportunity and nothing bad happened.) #91

BL1: Roland
BL2: Maya
TPS: Wilhelm

Probably pretty obvious, but have at it.

(jafortune) #92

Borderlands 1 would definitely be Roland.
Borderlands 2 I never did quite get in to any of the classes that I would want to call one my main. Sal was my most used though.
The Pre-Sequel was Nisha, hands down my favorite character and main of mains.

I have a feeling you like durable support classes.

(Maxageddon) #93

I’ll throw my hat in this. I have a few characters per game, so I will go with the ones I work the best with.

BL1: Lillith
BL2: Maya/Zer0 (this isn’t based on who I can take down raids or mob better with, but who I am the most comfortable with, and right now it’s a tie)
TPS: Jack

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #94

I’m gonna guess your a tactical player.

(da6770) #95

Borderlands 1 (I just started) Lilith
Borderlands 2 …Axton
Borderlands TPS…Aurelia

I couldn’t even tell you what my playstyle is by that list. Yikes (to be fair, I did just start BL and Lilith is my only player. I do like her so far)

(Maxageddon) #96

Not far off, bonus points if you can guess preferred range, haha

(Here comes the BOOOOM) #97

You like Sirens (and almost sirens).
On a more serious note, you probably like lots of CC, Debuffs, mobility, and tankiness.[quote=“Matrixneo42, post:90, topic:304031, full:true”]
Borderlands 1 - LilithBL2 - SalTPS - Jack

BL2 was almost Maya. Her slagging skills are excellent. But I can solo most stuff with my Sal and I’ve played him the most. Also, I’ve spent a lot of time with every borderlands character, so this was kind of tough.

I listed Jack because I spent the most time with him and I prestiged him once.

Lilith because I can solo Craw legitly with her.
[/quote]
You probably like to scream “F**K U DAMAGE!!!” and tank through anything and everything.[quote=“jafortune, post:92, topic:304031”]
Borderlands 1 would definitely be Roland. Borderlands 2 I never did quite get in to any of the classes that I would want to call one my main. Sal was my most used though.The Pre-Sequel was Nisha, hands down my favorite character and main of mains.
farsight37:
[/quote]
All bout’ them fire rates yo. I guess you like the ammo hogs.[quote=“maxageddon, post:96, topic:304031, full:true”]
Not far off, bonus points if you can guess preferred range, haha
[/quote]
All of them can snipe pretty well, but they’re also good from any range. My gut is saying sniping though.

(Maxageddon) #98

Incorrect. I am pretty terrible with snipers. I use all three for fast paced, close to mid range combat, utilizing their action skills to manipulate the battlefield. Primarily hit and run tactics. But totally a valid guess

(Matrixneo42) #99

Yea. pretty much. Though, what is CC?

I love the siren classes. And elemental damage and doing slightly magical stuff. In RPGs and diablo-likes I often liked to pick wizard style classes. So My mains picked anotehr way would be, LIlith, Maya, Athena because of siren wizardry and elemental destruction. AND a bit of control/invincibility. All 3 can become “invincible” in the right situation. Even Maya. 1 on 1 she can disable most enemies and blast out damage.

I think I probably do like tanking a lot. Often just shooting a boss and ignoring mobs. Absorbing or redirecting damage. Sometimes moving a lot. Othertimes, really focused and coordinated burst damage.

(Boring Ol' Album Cover) #100

Crowd Control

(Matrixneo42) #101

hahaha. YEA. Totally. My favorite grenade is the singularity, for example. Love collecting groups of enemies together and then applying massive group damage effects. So he called it.

(Ultratunaman) #102

i like this thread, and since i didn’t do the initial bumping. i’ll drop in my three
BL1: Brick (god i loved punching people)
BL2: Sal (i fell in love with those fist fulls of pain)
TPS: Claptrap (blow up everything, never die, fart rainbows)
BL3: whoever is a total badass like them