Loading screen ideas?

I think they should keep the zooming in design, just make it more tronish. Just my idead, please tell me your opinion.

1 Like

I’ve seen games who have extensive lore put stories/snippets of information about said lore on the loading screens.

It genuinely makes me want to read the bit of information.

Shadow of Mordor had rather dull loading screens, but when playing on the PS4 version, you could hear Whispers of the past coming out of your controller, giving backstory to the main characters, which would make you press your ear against it and forget that the loading screen is even on.

1 Like

Fair enough lol, I forgot to mention this was about the upcoming Borderlands, but I would discuss any game if you want.

Oops. I was about to make it relative to BL, but when I saw it in this section I figured it was for games in general.

Giving aspects of the BL 'Lore" could be interesting. Considering how tongue-in-cheek the game is, there is a possibility that it may come off as contrived when you consider how much of it is meant to be taken with a grin on your face.

The Shadow of Mordor method might not be a bad idea.

You could have Claptrap/Handsome Jack/Marcus or other people who act as a noted voice in the series give little snippets of advice, and since all you’re doing is recording more voice lines in a series that is already relatively heavy with them, it may work out to distract the player in the mean time.

Tongue-in-cheek? Could you explain?

“Without really meaning what one is saying or writing”.

Satirical, so to say.

oh ok

Well I kinda don`t mind the tips and tricks on the loading screens as videogames don’t have instruction booklets anymore xD

I really wish the booklets were back, but nowdays the companies making games don’t care about the game so much, the money is their number 1 priority.

1 Like

What’s a loading screen?

1 Like

Apparently, its a mostly blank screen that displays while the computer reads data off the disc. But I exclusively play cartridge games, so Ive never seen this firsthand.

1 Like

[quote=“Krieg_Krazy, post:1, topic:601710, full:true”]
I think they should keep the zooming in design, just make it more tronish. Just my idead, please tell me your opinion.[/quote]

[quote=“Giuvito, post:2, topic:601710”]
I’ve seen games who have extensive lore put stories/snippets of information about said lore on the loading screens.

It genuinely makes me want to read the bit of information.[/quote]Like in “Lightning Returns”?