Long save time between maps

I super love the Borderlands games. I bought the Pre-Sequel on the PS3 initially. My wife and myself playthrough all of it splitscreen. After the first hour or so my wife refused to play the game until she bought the XBOX 360 version. The thing that killed it for her was how long it took for the game to save when you wanted to travel to the next map.

In XBOX when you drive up to the door to the next map you push X and it counts down from 4 and boom you’re in. In PS3 when you drive up to the door to the next map you push square and it tells you first player is saving. You push square again, it tells you first player is still saving. You push square again it tells you second player is saving. You push square again, it tells you second player is still saving. You push square again, it tells you second player is still saving. You push square again, it starts counting down from 4. It literally takes more than 20 seconds just to move to the next map. Pretty damn horrible. Haven’t touched it since then.

Next-gen consoles are getting the Handsome collection. Of the two consoles, I want a PS4. Is this saving crap being addressed for this or am I going to have to wait 20 seconds to transition because its taking a millennia to save? Well, truthfully, I’m not going to wait because I just wouldn’t buy the game or the console for that matter. The only thing driving me to buy it is 4 player split screen.

Yeah, its annoying,

I can only imagine it’ll get worse with 4 people waiting to save. One by one. Or maybe they’ll take advantage of the Ps4s hardware and cut the times, who knows?

That’s pretty much guaranteed

So whats the word? Horrible save times? Nothing more than the 4 sec countdown?