Look it's $5 for an Arena and $5 for level cap increase

(Matrixneo42) #1

Holodome is priced fine.

$5 for a repeatable arena is perfectly fine to me.

$5 for level cap increase is also fine.

Bonuses: we have some new items and skins.

And UVHM is free to all.

And finally, I actually think we might end up with a couple head hunter packs next year. Just a guess anyhow. And they said the season pass would include all. So, I suspect that head hunter stuff will be included.

Continuing the discussion from Holodome Discussion Thread:

Predictions on what DLC when

I’m really skeptical of this. Gearbox seemed very specific in what the Season Pass is, i.e., four pieces of DLC including characters (2), level cap, and new campaign. I think expecting anything else in addition to these specific pieces of content, especially HH packs, is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

(Cbrhea) #3

The arena is really poor content at any price. It does very very little to extend the game.

I’m not sure why I’d ever play it again, unless I really wanted a level 60 version of one of the guns (and so far haven’t been impressed by any of them).

(Matrixneo42) #4

Something about the way this is worded makes me think it’s more than UVHM, Campaign, Two Characters, and a Holodome.

2K and Gearbox Software announced today that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will offer four add-on content packs following the release of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC. The four add-on content packs will encompass new characters, challenges, missions, and experiences. As Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel nears completion and the team shifts its focus to add-on content, additional details will be announced as development progresses. Each add-on content pack will retail individually for $9.99 on all available platforms.

Additionally, the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass bundles the four add-on content packs at a discounted rate. Priced at $29.99, theBorderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass includes access to all four of the add-on content packs – a $39.96 value – and will be available for purchase when Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel releases on October 14, 2014 in North America and October 17, 2014 internationally. Once purchased, the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass enables the download of all included add-on content packs as they become available on the PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE and PC.

Gamers who pre-order Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel from participating retailers will gain access to the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit bonus content. Taking place in an old Dahl facility on Pandora’s moon, players will meet TR4-NU, who once was one of Dahl’s military recruiters until he went crazy. TR4-NU is now hosting the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit and giving awesome loot to those who succeed against the moon’s toughest enemies. The Shock Drop Slaughter Pit will not be included in the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, but it will be available for purchase at a later date, for those who do not pre-order Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. To pre-order Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, please visit http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/retail/borderlands-the-presequel.

Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network or Steam account and Internet connection required. Copy of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel required for play.

See this right here- “all included add-on content packs” only references the four add-on packs already defined. So don’t expect anything more for free.

(Cbrhea) #6

“all four”

Wishful thinking to assume we’re getting any more than Aurelia and a story DLC, but I hope you’re right.

@madSimon Seems pretty clear doesn’t it? But I think some players are interpreting “enables the download of all included add-on content packs as they become available” as everything is included. This is a false assumption.

(Matrixneo42) #8

It’s quite possible yes that we already know what’s left. All I’m saying is that I think we’ll get more. And it would possibly sound or look like over-delivering. “look, we promised 4 packs, and you got 7!”

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking.

(Thefaceofboe) #9

No, they are assuming everything is included cause Randy Pitchford announced everything would be in the season pass during a livestream. A promise which was broken yesterday, interestingly enough.

(Super Badass Constructor ) #10

lol I keep forgetting about the level cap increase.

It’s interesting how much negativity the game has been getting. It’s getting a pit painful to read it all on the old forums. To me the dome had some polish problems, to others, its an abomination of nature :open_mouth:

@thefaceofboe Oh yeah, which promise was that?

(Thefaceofboe) #12

@BookEmDano

The one where Randy Pitchford announced everything would be in the season pass during a livestream. Now that they have dropped the shock drop slaughter pit as purchasable DLC outside the season pass there is hope the he didn’t end up pidgeon-holing the game into limited DLC comment.

My problem isn’t the price. It’s that it’s a bore. The arena is BORING. You spend over half the time running around -looking- for enemies instead of fighting them. Compare this to Murderlin’s Temple, or -any- other arena in the franchise and it just falls flat on its ass.

Add to that the lackluster unique enemies (there’s only one good one, that big eridian one), the lack of enemy variety, the new skin/head combos that don’t look cool, the boring music that drags on and on and would be out of place if you weren’t walking so much, and finally that most of the new unique weapons are “meh” leads to a package that’s easily the worst dlc in the franchise’s history.

And I actually like The Pre-Sequel. Yeah it has it’s issues but it’s still Borderlands, I wouldn’t have put over a hundred hour in it if I didn’t like it. This DLC however is a steaming pile of poo. My poo smells nicer and my body doesn’t charge me for it. Now there’s a back of the box quote for you.

(Matrixneo42) #14

Yea, well, that’s a preorder bonus that’s now made available to buy separately. I understand that. People even asked for it. As far as I understand it, preorder bonuses are sort of their own thing. You sort of have to ignore that.

(Thefaceofboe) #15

I ain’t ignoring them at all. The promise has been broken (thankfully) and it should be again. Not having extra campaign DLC outside the season pass would be a a mistake and limit the life cycle of the game.

(Matrixneo42) #16

Agreed. I’d love to see additional content for this game. The new classes are fantastic and I’d hate to have too small a universe to enjoy them in.

(Thefaceofboe) #17

I just started UVHM with Jack myself. He’s such a fun character.