Looking for players to do balance testing

Hey ya’ll. I am looking for a few players to do some balance testing tomorrow afternoon (saturday US central time around 12), and onwards. The purpose of this testing is to simply set benchmarks for how things ARE right now, so we can establish where we need to go to balance the new factions into the game.

My testing schedule looks like this:

3 Kushan scouts vs 1 scout squadron both Vaygr and Hiigaran
5 Kushan interceptors vs 1 interceptor squadron and assault craft squadron
7 Kushan interceptors vs 1 interceptor squadron and assault craft squadron
5 Kushan defenders vs 1 interceptor squadron and assault craft squadron
7 Kushan defenders vs 1 interceptor squadron and assault craft squadron
7 Kushan scouts vs 1 interceptor squadron and assault craft squadron
5 Kushan cloaked fighters vs 1 interceptor squadron and assault craft squadron
7 Kushan cloaked fighters vs 1 interceptor squadron and assault craft squadron
3 Hiigaran interceptor squadrons vs 1 Hiigaran torpedo frigate
3 Hiigaran interceptor squadrons vs 1 Vaygr assault frigate
3 Hiigaran interceptor squadrons vs 1 Kushan assault frigate
3 Hiigaran interceptor squadrons vs 1 Hiigaran ion frigate
3 Hiigaran interceptor squadrons vs 1 Kushan ion frigate
3 Vaygr assault craft squadrons vs 1 Hiigaran torpedo frigate
3 Vaygr assault craft squadrons vs 1 Vaygr assault frigate
3 Vaygr assault craft squadrons vs 1 Kushan assault frigate
3 Vaygr assault craft squadrons vs 1 Hiigaran ion frigate
3 Vaygr assault craft squadrons vs 1 Kushan ion frigate
15 Kushan interceptors vs 1 Hiigaran torpedo frigate
15 Kushan interceptors vs 1 Vaygr assault frigate
15 Kushan interceptors vs 1 Kushan assault frigate
15 Kushan interceptors vs 1 Hiigaran ion frigate
15 Kushan interceptors vs 1 Kushan ion frigate
A similar setup for bombers vs frigates, destroyers, carriers and HCs/BCs
1 Kushan assault frigate vs 1 Vaygr assault frigate
1 Kushan assault frigate vs 1 torpedo frigate
1 Kushan ion frigate vs 1 Hiigaran ion frigate
1 Kushan destroyer vs 1 Hiigaran and 1 Vaygr destroyer
1 Kushan missile destroyer vs 1 Hiigaran and 1 Vaygr destroyer
1 Kushan Missile destroyer vs 5 Hiigaran Ion Frigates and 5 Kushan Ion frigates and 5 Vaygr HM Frigates
1 Kushan destroyer vs 5 Hiigaran Ion Frigates and 5 Kushan Ion frigates and 5 Vaygr HM Frigates
1 Hiigaran destroyer vs 5 Hiigaran Ion Frigates and 5 Kushan Ion frigates and 5 Vaygr HM Frigates
1 Vaygr destroyer vs 5 Hiigaran Ion Frigates and 5 Kushan Ion frigates and 5 Vaygr HM Frigates
1 Kushan Heavy Cruiser vs 5 Hiigaran Ion Frigates and 5 Kushan Ion frigates and 5 Vaygr HM Frigates
1 Vaygr Battle Cruiser vs 5 Hiigaran Ion Frigates and 5 Kushan Ion frigates and 5 Vaygr HM Frigates
1 Hiigaran Battle Cruiser vs 5 Hiigaran Ion Frigates and 5 Kushan Ion frigates and 5 Vaygr HM Frigates
and maybe some BC/HC vs DD action.
Oh yea…and corvettes. Don’t forget them corvettes. A battery of tests for the bunch of corvettes that are.

I expect these tests will take no more than 2 hours. we’ll set resourcing to high, relics on, all that whizzbang resource gain to speed up building as much as possible. Then just set up some probed fields to run the tests in. Once recorded I’ll post them for posterity’s sake so we can work on improving the balance.

any takers?

2 Likes

Love to, except I live in brisbane and I don’t feel like playing at 4 am.

I’m up for it. I reside in Europe but it’d be comfortable 6pm for me.

EDIT: So I spent a little bit of time to figure out how we could connect as we are in different regions. I think we can get around that issue by using Tunngle. It sets up a virtual local network between two users meaning that we can connect through LAN. But before that I want to try out if we can connect by inviting the other to the set up match by using Steam’s internal “invite friend” function.

EDIT2: Good news, everyone! You can in fact invite another player straight into your match lobby with Steam invite function even when your match has a password on it. The other player just has a slight delay in the lobby screen before entering your match screen. So no need to mess with the Tunngle.