Looking for some advice to get to UVHM

Hi peeps

I got the handsome collection on release, but just recently got back into BL2 and with all the DLC’s I was just wondering in the best strategy to get to end game.

Started Axton and thought i would play main game, then all the DLC’s, then start TVHM, do the same, then start UHVM. I figured the more levels i get before each restart the better.

However I am picking up from some posts that this might not be a good idea as UHVM looks like it will scale to my level, but my gear might be out.

Currently on level 44, still got Tiny Tinas expansion, son of crawmerax and digistruck peak left before even start TVHM.

Am I setting myself up for a fall?

Also interested if anyone fancies meeting up on xbox 1 for some group play, everyone left for the PS4 :frowning:

GT: CGANacMacFeegle

Yeah I faced the exact same dilemma when I was figuring out how to do UVHM on my Axton. Gear in TVHM basically maxes out at 50, and the enemies in UVHM scale to your level, so if you level up too much and enter UVHM at, say, level 55, you’ll be fighting level 55 enemies with level 50 guns. The most efficient way to do it seems to be to do everything in the first playthrough, then rush through the main story on TVHM - that’s what I did on my second character and I hit UVHM at around level 50, so my level 50 TVHM guns were still useful.

It’s actually not a big deal though even if you overlevel, because you can just pop in some shift codes and get purple gear at your level from the golden chest to replace your TVHM guns when you start UVHM.

I am concerned that you are already level 44 and have not even started TVHM. I suppose on the plus side, much of TVHM will be easier given your current level and the fact that you will be slightly higher level upon starting TVHM. Most players complete Normal mode at around Level 30. Enemies cap out at Level 50 in TVHM. Most players begin UVHM at around level 50. If you start UVHM higher than level 50, the enemies will scale with your but your gear will likely be underleveled. In UVHM enemies have more health and regenerate health. Slag becomes more important than it was in Normal or TVHM, since a Slagged target takes 3x damage. Also, there is really no point to playing DigiStruct Peak before you are Level 72 and in UVHM. DigiStruct Peak is primarily designed to allow players to unlock the OP levels, which you cannot begin to do until you are in UVHM and your Character is Level 72 (OP1 = Level 73 —> OP8 = Level 80).

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Thanks for the replies guys. Guess my best bet is to avoid Tiny Tinas and go straight to TVHM and then try and speed run it avoiding all the side missions and home to do it in under 6 levels.

I know what you mean about the chests, but i would have to make it to sanctuary first.

Thanks again.

I never tested this myself, but according to some people’s reports you can open the chest in TVHM and the loot will still scale to your level, even if you’re over 50. Alternatively, you can just save up some Torgue tokens and rush a vending machine in the Badass Crater as soon as you start UVHM.

I have never gotten gear above level 50 in TVHM, when opening the Golden Chest in Sanctuary. The next time I get on BL2, I will test again in TVHM and confirm with one of my Level 72 (OP0) characters. I can confirm that if you are in UVHM, have any OP levels and set UVHM to Level 72 (OP0), you will get gear from the Golden Chest at your current OP level. That means, in UVHM set to OP0 an OP8 character will always get OP8 gear from the Golden Chest in Sanctuary.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Thanks for testing guys.

Turns out i was 41 not 44, so get 3 more levels of wiggle room. I have to say as a loot whore it is very difficult ignoring all the side quests.

I would say by the looks you have 8-9 more levels of wiggle room (may be wrong, but I believe level 50 is lowest mobs go in UVHM). also , as for the Golden Chest in Sanctuary, I have took different level toons in to friends games (also different playthroughs) and so far that chest has always given me Gear at whatever level my toon happens to be at that time.

I also suggest to people to drop down to Normal Mode in Torgues DLC farm for tokens then when in UVHM work your way to open 1 or 2 of his vending machines and farm for guns at your level, there are several great guns there (not just legendarys). You can also just by getting to Claptraps place fast travel to the others DLC’s (in UVHM) and farm those machines closest to the fast travels without even having to begin fighting the mobs