Looking for some feed back on a 3 lane map?

What do you all think about gearbox making a three lane map and making the game F2P for a month?

1 Like

free to play would be fine, but I hope we don’t see 3-lane maps. My concern is that adding the third lane would force a stronger meta to evolve. I like how flexible team composition is now and even a team that isn’t “ideal” can still function quite well if people work together.

1 Like

I agree the 3rd line may not be a really grate idea. :slight_smile: but you never know what might happen in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe if somehow they could have more players in a match, else they would have to somehow balance towards 1v1 hero match ups.

2 Likes

But why would, they it’s actually fine as it as of the moment!

I think it is super balanced but you have to play your toon well

Exactly :stuck_out_tongue:

I would luv it … sometimes as it is … it feels like the stronger team fight wins right now… < opinion … game still new and i could totally be wrong > especially early game team comps… having a bigger map … with more lanes… would mean … more money, xp, and rotations…? more movement… and flow possible…

but in a solo que setting… i feel like i would have more power as an individual against some of these pre-mades… if i had more money on the map i could farm… more objectives … or what not … that can counter some bad team fights… choices…

Although i thought this was an obvious good idea… seeing how everyone that comment in this post so far doesnt view it as the absolute best idea in the world! … makes me re-think it…

Would it ruin que times? would other modes die out … or would it die out…
would people just play that map… or never that map?
Would the battleborn community … be able to handle a traditional 3 lane moba map… or would people who have actual moba experience just mop the floor with them… cuz they would be in their comfort zone? and all the borderlands people would be at a loss… b/c just being able to kill someone isnt always = to $$$ worth $$$ in moba’s …

What defines this game in my eyes over the classic " Battleborn vs Overwatch" comparison … is this one is way way way more moba like… At the same time tho’… it’s not the traditional moba type… and has a lot of difference to it…
it’s unique …

Im also missing out on the “factual” moba things in this game…
How much xp/money is a player kill worth? does it deminish if the person keeps dieng w/o kill or assist?
Does kill streaks matter in this game?
How much xp is a full minion wave worth?
How much dmg do you have to do to a minion before you recieve credit for its death? is there a window of time that has to be done in?
How much is the mid camp brute xp compaired to the boneCrusher?
Elite bot xp?
Building xp?
Is minion wave xp shared?
etc, etc…

these are the things that make it different than a Call of duty … quake style arena game … these are the moba aspects that i enjoy that can turn the tide… in a game that you may be placed against player with a better aim/shot than you…

i already feel a little meta as is… There’s… a person who can focus on building… and grabing money and xp from building in base and rotatiing ganks and what not…
There can be a person who gets money and xp by infilitrating the enemy’s base… destroying buildiables and grabing their shards…
There’s someone who can be a wave clear person…
A player killer…
A supporter/buffer/debuffer
An engager/ teamfighter/ setup
A disengager… disruptor… counter engager…
the timing of the shards respawning and camps coming up creates movement and build strats/times…

i want a 3 lane map tho… with a thrall enforcer as the dragon camp … and a conservator as another big camp! xD
… and have the last final titan boss… be like world of warcrafts alterac valley… and have a room of guys you gotta kill … and bla bla bla bla idk… hahahahaha chea ( this last paragraph going to get a lot of hate :expressionless: )

1 Like