Loot and cliffs

I’m sure somebody else has had this problem before. I would post in some sort of suggestions thread, but I think this is a serious issue that needs to be fixed, fast!

Often when I open a large chest, the bonus score multipliers will fly out…and off the side of the map into oblivion. I’m a big stickler for grabbing the bonus score multipliers, because I like to go for 100% max score possible. I like the challenge! But there’s no point opening the chests if all 9 or 10 of the multipliers are going to shoot out backwards off the map.

And when I thought that was bad enough…something worse happened today. I was fighting the boss of The Renegade out on the platforms outside. Landed the final blow, and plenty of the score balls get sent off the map, as usual…as well as the gear packs! I would have dived after them myself to nab them, if I only wasn’t playing solo hardcore! There’s no excuse for this, in my opinion.

Is there some way that loot pickups could be prevented from falling off maps–or maybe add some sort of invisible walls to the ground for a few seconds after a boss is killed? There’s got to be some sort of possibility :frowning:

3 Likes

Or autocollect loot pickups that fall off the map and/or disappear before they can even hit the ground (notable in The Algorithm if Isic dies WAY above the ground…)

Though honestly, those bonus score orbs also needs to last longer, at least letting them settle before disappearing. (or autocollect if they never settle/fall off map)

I’m trying to convince myself the loot and score orbs that disappear are auto-collected and it’s just hard to tell. It’s less painful that way. I guess you could test it by keeping very careful track of the loot you pick up and see if the loot that flies off the map is included in your rewards, but that’s a little hard to test given how much that relies on random chance and/or intentionally risking a loot drop.

I’d rather just see them disappear from the game entirely and have the medal scores adjusted to compensate. Looting in this game feels stupid as hell when you run around wildly trying to collect as many little yellow orbs as possible. If you want to score higher than a bronze on any level at any difficulty then the game practically forces you to make collecting them the highest priority. I just don’t understand how GBX thought it was a good idea

1 Like

I quite like them, it gives the game a sense of urgency and requires a little planning if you want gold. That being said, loot falling off sides is very annoying. I was killing the last boss in the game on advanced and he decided to walk and stand in mid air off the side of the map (glitch). We didn’t get any of his loot :frowning: Still got gold that mission thanks to the amount of mobs but we still lost the gear.
Id be happy if there was a system that guarantied drops land on accessible land and only start to decay when they land, so you still need to run for them.

I’ve never liked the “Lootsplosion” and I never will. Borderlands had the same exact problem. It doesn’t look cool, it’s tedious, and I am sick and tired of seeing a boss drop a legendary only for it to fly off the map, get stuck in terrain so that it can’t be picked up or simply sink through the ground. Where are they off to? No one knows.

I love the lootsplosion, but hate losing gear. Just make it work and it’s awesome.

[quote=“shinobido101, post:4, topic:1437571”]
I’d rather just see them disappear from the game entirely and have the medal scores adjusted to compensate. Looting in this game feels stupid as hell when you run around wildly trying to collect as many little yellow orbs as possible. If you want to score higher than a bronze on any level at any difficulty then the game practically forces you to make collecting them the highest priority. I just don’t understand how GBX thought it was a good idea[/quote]
I fully agree with you. Like they couldn’t think out better challenge to base scoring on…