Loot train farming results, an ongoing discussion

So yeah he got the 2nd best avenger you can get.

The gun itself kinda sucks compared to my current gear but it’s a pearl so it means something.

So I feel like this may be a dead topic, but since I just started this game recently, im going to have some fun with this. Later I’m going to test if being in tvhm changes the rates even with the hotfix on. So I’m only level 38 or so, so this’ll be fun. Feel free to compare any data I post here with those of you fancy people on uvhm.

Expect answers later, I’m technically supposed to be working

1 Like

Well, it kinda is - 2 years is pretty firmly in thread necromancy territory.

If you’re referring to the drop rates change, that became permanently patched in back in October 2015 so it’s just there. Mode should make no difference at all to the loot train loot in either case (other than chance for the second tier pearls above level 61?)

By all means, though, have fun looting the train! (Might even hit it a few times myself).

3 Likes

Yeah, it really is dead lmao.

That being said, gearbox/shift may have missed something in drop rates between difficulty modes. While watching YT vids by people like joltz and puma, in uvhm it seems that the drop rates for legendary and pearl guns are pretty substantially more common. I’m just going to test to see if that’s accurate or just bad rng. We’ll see I guess.

1 Like

There’s a difference in the OP levels, but not before then. Also, don’t forget that those guys show only selected clips from gameplay - you don’t see all the runs where they got nothing at all!

If you want to know more about the loot mechanics in the game, you can start here:

1 Like

Well, the title has “ongoing” in it…

1 Like

I think “ongoing” with a 2-year lull is a bit of a stretch, but I guess it’s too late to lock it now!

3 Likes

Did ten runs this evening, got a legendary impaler shield and a dart and a etech launcher that looks like a norfleet (don’t know what it’s called off the top of my head) not bad loot, but no class mods oddly enough. Y’all made them sound common!

1 Like

if it is a topneaa, it is a good find.

3 Likes

You’re going to need a lot more than 10 to get a sample size worth using

1 Like

Well there’s your problem right there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

yeah, legendary, pearls and cobra’s are pretty common. The rarest is the weisenheimer. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, I was super busy today though, so I’ll go at it again tommorow. Hoping to get about fifty in tommorow, that should provide a decent sample

1 Like

Jefe, I know. It’s like fricken kryptonite. Watching them just find legendary after legendary is addictive. But yeah, I know the drop rates ain’t that good. I spent 3 hours farming the other day just to get a badaboom from king Mong. It was painful. Nuf said.

EDIT: it was a ■■■■■■ one too - shock :frowning:

2 Likes

Someone should provide a video of failing to find a legendary over and over. You know, as a sort of antidote.

4 Likes

The problem there is that it’s redundant. Content creators would not want to put a montage of fails lasting 3 hours long on YouTube. Nobody would watch that. But yeah that’d work if people watched it

3 Likes

I just can’t guys.

I farmed for 20 runs and got only a dart. I want to throw up. I cant farm that piece of ■■■■ snow ■■■■■■ for much longer. I’m going to try to get to 50. I might kill myself in the process.

1 Like

If you aren’t enjoying it, then stop. No harm, no foul. Some people seem to have no problem farming for gear, others have a very low tolerance for such things. It’s honestly not a big deal.

3 Likes

I’ve been farming LLM for a bit today, I’m kinda new, but I’ve gotten so many legendary weapons from this doctor’s orders quest and this just happened as well, like how often will I see anything else like this?

2 Likes