This is intended to be a master guide list for the various guides to Borderlands 1 loot (mainly gear and weapons). Some of these have been ported over from the original Gearbox forums, and some are still in the murky depths of the Wayback Machine. If you have a thread that you would like to see listed here, post below.
General and Remaster Guides
@CountKarloff’s Borderlands O.T.D.H. Loot Maps
- Locations of various loot sources include red and white chests
@Scootalewis’ port of The Part Spotters Guide
- Visual guide to help you recognise the different weapons parts and what they do
@K0rN_b4LL’s Numbers Guide
- Determining parts from the numeric code in a weapon’s name
@Stouty22’s port of Parts Odds by Weapon
- Find the likelihood of getting certain parts on a particular weapon type
@billthebetta’s Loot Fixes and Bug Catalogue
- A guide to fixes, retained bugs, and new bugs in the GOTY Remaster
@Stouty22’s port of the Visual Guide to Repeater Actions
- A guide to the different repeater actions and their affects
Original Game Guides (may need updating)
@meltinthesun’s Crawmerax Statistics
- Want to know the odds of getting something from craw? Numbers are probably off a bit with the addition of Gearbox Legendaries in the remaster.
- Stouty22’s port of Awesome Level Testing and Discussion
- Find out what Awesome Level is, and how it determines loot quality
- Stouty22’s port of the Definitive Ultimate Red Text Bonus List
- find out what the red text on that weapon card actually means!
Show Off Your Loot - Remaster Version
- Borderlands Remastered edition Item Find(s) of the day
- Borderlands Remastered edition You got the blues!
- Borderlands Remastered Epic White Chest Loot (lockers, skagpiles, and trashcans too)
- Borderlands Remastered edition Item Fail(s) of the day
Show Off Your Loot - Original Game
- Your Item Find(s) of the Day (Original Game)
- You got the blues! (Original Game)
- Epic white chest loot(or locker, skagpile, garbage can, etc.) Original Game
- Item fail of the day (Original Game)
Looking for something from the old forums? Try using this link to the Wayback Machine