[LORE QUESTION] Maurice and the Saurians

Like many, I’ve enjoyed having Maurice aboard as a character and occasional quest-giver. However, his presence aboard does raise certain questions that I’m hoping the writers will address in the next themed event (assuming it isn’t in DLC3!):

• Is Maurice one of the ‘elevated’ Saurians we find on Eden-6 in Voracious Canopy, or does he come from somewhere else?
  • How does Maurice feel about us VHs offing all those Saurians on Eden-6 (and elsewhere)?

Be sure to post your own theories/questions below!

2 Likes

Only thing I could really find, but from wiki/first appearance:

Unlike other Saurians, Maurice is not hostile as his only interest is to further scientific knowledge and cultural understanding. Maurice’s origin is unknown, though he claims to be from a planet where “Saurians reign supreme and humanity has died away”.

1 Like

Can confirm that he says he’s from a distant planet where Saurians rule, although in my localization he says that they rule over humans not that humanity died… atleast as far as I remember it.

Didn’t he have some dialogue about that during Bloody Harvest? It boiled down “our species respects strength, so if you offed them then whatevs”.

2 Likes

That would certainly be in keeping with how they celebrate winning at poker!

2 Likes

There’s also that dialog about the time egg hinting he may be from another dimension entirely.

3 Likes

I also understood - during Bloody harvest even - that Maurice is from another dimension.

As described, he is “invited” by Tannis to explore the universe. I guess this is only possible from retrieving the “chaos” artifact that sends you to chaotic parallel dimensions ?

About feelings, he is clearly not a sensible kind.

1 Like

I don’t think he cares if you kill Saurians … from how he talks, their society seems pretty “Klingon”, in that if they die in combat, then so be it.

My biggest lore question with respect to Maurice is - how did he get that equipment attached to his head? T-rex arms are very short. :rofl:

Maurice is pleased to see you!

1 Like

Buddy system (probably). Or this:

3 Likes

Maurice is shatteringly honored by your presence!

In the game there is a thing that says dimensional interconnectivity exchange so i would presume that he is from another dimension

Maurice explains he is from an alternate dimension where humans have died off and saurians are the dominate race and are smart. tannis invited him to come see our traditions in this dimension and Maurice came.
And just for fun- it seems all sirens can do stuff from other dimensions, so maybe she literally brought him to sanctuary 3 as she states “guess i can add mastery of time and space to the list” after she opens a portal to go kill tyreen lol

I don’t know if it can be said that Maurice’s race rules over humans as during one of your missions on Sanctuary 3 you find out he’s been helping people around the ship. Maurice sure sounds like they’re from another universe as they’re a nice person.