Lucky 7 interesting reload animation

Was using the Lucky 7 revolver last night, and I noticed a very interesting thing about revolver reloading animation in BL3.
With the Lucky 7 you pay attention to the reload (look elsewhere for why).
I noticed that the animation is different for each amount of ammo left in the cylinder. If only one round has been fired, only one chamber is empty and only one bullet slid in. Two left, two reloaded. And so on up to the visual cap of 5 in the chamber. This is very different from BL1 and 2 where the reload animation is the same no matter how many slugs are left.
End of the clip shows a Torgue revolver reloads. This does NOT have the same reload animation, the number of shots fired does not matter, it’s the same.
However, look at the chamber as you fire shots. When you’ve almost emptied the cylinder empty chambers appear on the left side of the visible edge of the chamber. Again, neat.
These are the only two revolvers I had handy so there may be other interesting loads.
Looked at other weapon types and don’t see any difference based on ammo remaining. Of course, other types don’t show the ammo like a revolver does.
Enjoy!
–RoA

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool, good find!

2 Likes

It’s something that was already in the game with some specific Jakobs weapons, the ones that come to mind are some of the sniper rifles (not legendary) that reload the same way.

2 Likes

I love that they made different animations for guns of same manufacturer/type and some details are pretty neat.
Only ones somewhat like it I can think of are some Jackobs shotguns and snipers which you “chamber” each rounds individually.

yeah, dead chamber has a unique reload animation, you snag that at the end of Malevolent Practice, or whatever the mission where you track down Hammerlock’s prison gang.
also speed-loading unforgiven has an interesting reload animation, not sure if its unique but it’s interesting.

1 Like

Mashers do this too, I sat in one spot just reloading to appreciate the detail.

2 Likes

Vladof with top load clips such as Ion Cannon are same, you can visually see your ammo usage.

1 Like

Just noticed something on a Vladof “2 ammo per shot” (Annexed Stoic Moloko). The “mag” is in two sections and reloading from one to the other doesn’t take the same time.
1 pistol. 2 reload time! Doesn’t matter how many shots fired or left

Forgot to show it from inventory so here’s a pic.

Neat. So side-by-side mags, first reload switches from right to left mag, next reload drops the 2-stack. I think I actually saw a physical Glock that someone had done that with on Demolition Ranch’s channel.

Continues to be interesting the thought, time, artistry, and added game size they put into reloads this time, very cool.
–RoA

1 Like