So been looking at the forums and I see a common theme.
- I keep losing
- Xyz character is OP
- Match maker issues.
So today my 50 game win streak came to an end so I decided I would explain why I think a lot of people are losing and how to mitigate that, or at least put a quell to the excuse train. And two explain why a couple perceived “OP” characters aren’t that OP
Lets start with reason you lose (excluding any issue of skill). The main reason your probably losing constantly comes down to team composition. Just like say LoL most skilled players can identify a easy win right off the bat on the character selection screen.
So this will be a bit of a read but I think it will help those having issues stringing together wins.
Lets start with some simple Do’s Don’ts now there are many more than what I listed but I feel these to be of prime importance.
- Dont pick marquis if you only think you will play stairwell warrior (you become a liability and hurt your team tremendously)
- Dont triple stack on a single role ie 3 snipers 3 supports 3 tanks etc
- Dont play tilt getting mad isnt helping you or your team
- Dont go 4 deep for middle Thralls unless to counter enemy team doing so (Can you say trapped and or giving up your sentry?)
- Don’t keep repeating the same mistake over and over again if Gala is killing you every time stay away if you can
- Don’t grab thralls when enemy team is pushing into your team
- Dont let the enemy team freely shoot your Sentry from side paths
- Be a bro and play support from time to time it does wonders!!!
- When enemy team is down 2 players or down 1 support grab a thrall
- Grab crystals ALL THE TIME!
- Always be mindful of your super minion and keep respawning them as much as possible
- Communicate if you have VoIP
- Pressure the sentry from the side paths to split the enemy into potential traps
- In general pay attention to team comps!
- Knockback on many characters (Gault/Miko/ISIC/Mike) for example can kill thralls off the ledge faster than shooting them most of the time
Okay so I would wager the biggest reason people lose is team composition. And I do understand most people are brand new and just want to have fun and good for you! But I do want to say IMO you shouldn’t come on to a forum and complain about OP champs or losing if your not willing to be flexible and do whats needed to win.
Team comp should be…
Ranged utility/area denial (think Mike)
One of the teams we roll with a lot is Reyna Miko ISIC Gala Mike. now I know what your thinking wow those are OP characters and the reality is they aren’t. They become OP in the right comp and in the right hands. last night for Example we did Reyna / Kleese / El Dragon / Gault / Mike. So we still had our range our tank supports and hard CC.
Now a little chat about ISIC and Gala as they seem to be called OP. First let me say yeah they are excellent champions because they can fill multiple rolls based on helix setup. Ill start with Gala as to beat her you need to understand her.
Can do the following depending on the helix choices…
- Tank (blocking is a 1k shield)
- DPS her sword is nasty and her passive will damage you simply standing near her
- Can Silence if your in her desecrate
Do high damage while sitting in the desecrate
It can heal her and allies
it could pull you towards her
So obviously stay out of the black stuff period pretty obvious
What may not be obvious is her shield doesnt block ALL damage. For example Kleese’ taser will directly hurt Gala. As will indirect shots from Benedicts rockets. Moral of the story hate being killed by Gala? Stay away and or play Benedict as he is a direct counter to Gala. Also Gala isn’t uber tanky so moment you see the healer distracted burst down Gala or push her into a corner and have a nuker finish her such as Orendi.
this is a much easier example gold shield = reflect so dont shoot him. Hard CC grabs/stuns etc will pull him out of Siege mode. This character is not as strong as everyone thinks as if you get in his face hes in a world of trouble. So just pressure him back.
Now those are very Curosry explanations but I mention them as 1. I see few hard counter selects to go after Gala and 2. I see few melee really trying to pressure ISIC properly. If you want more info hit me up on steam -LunaticWoda