Lvl 40, all ever find is pistols and bad shields

Update, official support has asked me to delete my save, uninstall the game, install again and start over as of 245pm on Feb 11th 2020 so that’s what I’ve done on top of resetting Win 10 just to be absolutely sure

All I find is pistols and crappy Shields and it’s all I’ve ever found and I mean that literally. Even shift gets only get me pistols or bad shields and maybe a bad grenade.

I got a couple decent weapons from coop trade but they have become under leveled and I still only find garbage, even from boss and special events.

If you’re asking why level 40 it’s because I’m like 98% finished the campaign and then I moved onto the side quests and ive also helped many friends get through most of the game including their side quests.

What is going on here!?

Pistols are the most common weapon to find. I’m level 50 and I’m still finding pistols most of the time. They’re really not bad if you can get one that suits your build.

Is BL3 the first Borderlands you’ve played?

@MR_SPRULES no I’ve played bl1 on Xbox 360, bl2 on 360, PC & Xbox one. I’ve been playing the series since literally day 1. I’ve also played all the DLC on the older games.

As for pistols… They might not be bad but they become a absolute terror when it’s literally the only drop you ever get. It’s also the only thing that ever shows up in rare chests and when using golden keys.

The only other thing I ever find is shields and the ratio is like 75 pistols for every 1 shield but even worse the shield is ALWAYS lower stats than the one I have.

I uninstalled the game last night and installed again on a new drive. I’m going to try 2 things now. I’m going to blow through story mode on my primary so I can play mayhem and I’m also going to create another character and see if the pistol curse ensures on either or both of hopefully neither.

It’s insane. I’ve been dealing with this for quite a while so I finally broke down and made a post about it.

Goodness, if it bothers you that much, why don’t you go and just farm for some drops that aren’t pistols?
There’s a big old list with all the drop locations in the game and nothing is stopping you from paying Road Dog a visit and getting yourself a Hellwalker for example.
Pistols are the most common drops because they are they are produced by most gun manufacturers and can also drop from small loot containers like ammo boxes.

@jmthsauer I have… Pistols.

Farming, chests, using keys, bosses, events, always pistols.

I know pistols are common but let’s be serious here… It’s gotten well past the point of ridiculous.

Isn’t this the same post you made over here?

Merging threads - hold on to your avatars…

All I find is pistols and crappy Shields and it’s all I’ve ever found. Even shift gets only get me pistols or bad shields and maybe a bad grenade.

I got a couple decent weapons from coop trade but they have become under leveled and I still only find garbage, even from boss and special events.

What is going on here!?

1 Like

You don’t really hit the big bang of loot until you hit Mayhem Levels, even Mayhem 1 is a drastic increase in loot compared to vanilla.

Yes but… Only finding pistols? I’ve seen tons of videos of people playing pre-mayham who find various weapons.

When I say it’s all i find I mean it quite literally.

My 1st run only got pistols too,… :frowning:

My sons first run (until perhaps mid Promethea when he gave up) he didn’t strike a single legendary…

me on the other hand…
scroogemcduck

If that’s the case then I’m done… I’ll go back to bl2 where I found fun stuff without needing an extra mode.

Pistols only is not fun whatsoever

Non-Mayhem
hqdefault

Mayhem

If you’ve hit level 40 you should have finished the game, or at least really close. Turn mayhem on 1 and you’ll get better drops. Then hit graveward a few times, 9/10 times get legendary and there’s 4 red chests after you beat him. Then when you’re geared up, up the mayhem and do other stuff.

You should be finding more than pistols pretty much as soon as you hit the main section of The Droughts. Even on my level 14 FL4K I’ve already found multiple different weapon types and I’m only on Promethea.

Have you tried a reinstall?

Only pistol legendaries? Or only pistol’s period?

Either way you can farm boss’, even in Normal mode, to get gear.

Legendary List

Use the above to target the bosses mentioned and keep running them until you get some itemz.

Something is wrong. I can say from my experience that I was finding a variety of weapons as soon as I got past the initial tutorial board of Covenant Pass.

What about the machines that sell guns? Do they also only sell pistols?

1 Like

You get non-pistols from main story quests as well as the rewards, so even if you only get pistol drops (which - not saying you are a liar - is extremely hard to believe), you can make it through without having to resort to pistols.

There’s supposed to be a check point in game progress that opens the game drops to more than pistols. If something hiccoughed at just the right time, I could totally believe that the check point got bypassed without opening the doors.

There’s a Red chest in the Droughts underneath the Marcus gun machine that will never give a gun that isn’t a Pistol. It will have coms, nades, artifacts, shields, and pistols. This chest is probably setup in such a way that it never opens that door. I don’t think it too far a stretch to believe some players may experience a glitch that causes this.

…and I don’t know how one would fix that if it were the case.