Lyuda: out of ammo

I love the Lyuda. However, it eats sniper ammo like crazy. Considering sniper ammo seems the least common to find and you can’t carry that much I’m always out of sniper ammo. I’m curious how people manage their sniper ammo with this gun? Do you just use the gun very sparingly? Do you use a cutpurse to keep refilling ammo? Something else?

1 Like

I just leave my snipers in my bank. :grin:

1 Like

use it with terror ammo regen , otherwise it eat ammo so fast

1 Like

I only use Lyudas as quick-kill bossing weapons or in builds that have infinite ammo regen. Terror regen, Clone with cutpurse/facepuncher for Zane, Moze being Moze.

3 Likes

I came here to say this but you did it first, so here’s a cookie instead: :cookie:

4 Likes

I don’t use sniper rifles in BL3 much… partly because of the ammo problem. There’s other threads about sniper rifles being bad in this BL, so I won’t go into it, but I just haven’t used them much.

3 Likes

Yeah, they sort of have the same problem as rocket launchers IMO. I actually like using snipers to soften up targets before I move in closer but I wish they would at least increase the amount of sniper ammo you can carry. Launchers maybe need more utility or something. They have similar ammo issues and are sort of unwieldy to use.

1 Like

I also feel like there isn’t as much opportunity to use a sniper in BL3. You are mostly getting rushed and you are closer to the action (which makes the monocle scope make not much sense)… it seems like I used a sniper more way back in BL1 because they were just more viable in the game. That’s kind of gone away with each sequel, imo.

2 Likes

I think that’s true. Like I mentioned above I mostly use them to start fights and soften up targets or occasionally to kill/wound particularly nasty targets that I don’t want to get to close to or that are out of reach but it’s very situational.

1 Like

The Lyuda is only a sniper rifle in name. It’s really just the most OP Assault Rifle in the game with a very limited ammo supply. Nobody uses a Lyuda to snipe with (not with an accuracy in the 80s), they use it to hose down bosses as quickly as possible.

As far as being a sniper rifle goes, I’ve got pistols with better accuracy, handling, and damage per shot than a Lyuda. But they won’t throw 15+ rounds downrange in less than 3 seconds like a Lyuda will.

Unfortunately this game isn’t very sniper friendly. The sniper rifles would all need a very large damage buff to be viable weapons with sniper tactics.

5 Likes

I miss my Tumtum Hawkeye :frowning:

1 Like

monocle is better hawkeye albeit scope being intergalactic telescope

2 Likes

Honestly… The only time I ever use the thing is when farming Graveward. It’s a very powerful sniper but I feel like there’s just not as many applications for it compared to the Bl2 original. Arguably the only two snipers worth using against mobs are the Monocle and the Tankman’s Shield.

1 Like

Does the Monocle have +580% crit damage?

1 Like

@Prismatic has proven that the Monocle scope bonus is +250%.

2 Likes