Made a new Kelvin build (And I'm loving it)

So when I started playing Kelvin I just ran a typical tank loadout that was pretty much just stacking regen, DR and some health (pretty standard stuff). But recently I decided to make a build more focused on his shield, which previously I didn’t really think much of. For helix choices on this build specifically, the only one’s of note are at levels 1,4,5, and 7. I take the regen helixes at levels 1 and 7, the Shield Snacker mutation at level 4 and the DR at level 5.

Gear:

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

With this gear load out and Shield Snacker, you should be getting a 538 point shield every time you chomp a minion. You will also be able to keep the secondary bonus from your DR gear up at all times since Chomp’s cooldown is shorter than 10 seconds. With his level 5 DR your going to be sitting at roughly 40% DR every time you chomp a minion, meaning that it will take just under 900 points of damage to break your shield. With helixes and gear you will be sitting at 42 points of regen to keep you alive while your shield gives you time to regenerate health.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with this build. It starts slow but once gear and helixes are up, Kelvin turns into a very difficult to kill monster. I’ve considered swapping out the regen for this:

View on lowlidev.com.au
It would give the advantage of being able to start a fight with full shield but giving up the extra 7 points of regen. I’ll experiment a bit with it but I think I’ll probably stick with the blue regen.

5 Likes

I generally prefer Mastication Restoration to Shield Snacker. Kevin gets shield whenever he completes a skill anyway so M4 helix only increases skill functionality where as L4 gives chomp additional functionality.

As for gear, regen items are great but when you get up around the 10k+ HP range 14 a tick isn’t a whole lot, even combined with his additonal regen items. Medical Nanocolony is a garbage legendary for most characters, but for Kelvin it’s amazing. His natural -20 shield regen gives him a net shield regen of 8 which combined with his 0 sec shield recharge delay means that any time your sheild isn’t full or you’re being actively damaged the legendary will be active

View on lowlidev.com.au

If you’re running OPs missions, this is fun too. By the end of Pheobe’s dlc I was getting 14k overshield every 60sec combined with his regular shield and 20k+ hp!

View on lowlidev.com.au

I build the rest of his gear around skill damage and/or damage reduction. HP isn’t amazing for him since any small bonuses will be greatly outweighed by his massive HP pool. Plus the more damage chomp does, the more health you get back from Mastication Restoration.

Massive skill boost that has good synergy with Kelvin’s HP/Shield Mechanics

View on lowlidev.com.au

Cheaper Version of the legendary above:

View on lowlidev.com.au

Skill Boost gear that somepeople love, personally it’s too random for me:

View on lowlidev.com.au

Devesating for OPs missions:

View on lowlidev.com.au

My favorite secondary skill boost for Kelvin. Cheap and gives extra shield

View on lowlidev.com.au

Good if you don’t have Shield regen anywhere else:

View on lowlidev.com.au

Good DR with some regen:

View on lowlidev.com.au

Basically the reverse of the above, more regen/less DR:

View on lowlidev.com.au

Good if you have a pocket healer: (I personally like the -damage on this one since I usually just use Kelvin’s melee to lower HP enough for chomp to kill the target. You may prefer the more expensive one without the -damage)

View on lowlidev.com.au

Fkin incredible for OPs missions:

View on lowlidev.com.au

I’ve had mixed results with Blissbeat Skullplate. I’m still not sure if the legendary activates @84% HP or 14% HP. Either way it could be thousands of HP of damage with Kelving to get the legendary active. The Blue DR/DR gear you posted is really good also.

1 Like