Magic the Gathering Discussion

@AMG_75
@daerksiea
@billthebetta

Mostly so I quit spamming the likes thread and accidentally getting it on track.

Mods, move to games and tech if you need to - I checked and it specifically mentioned tech/vidya games, so I parked this here. Plus I’m here more often, so it’s more convienient.

2 Likes

http://tavernofsouls.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7000 Deck currently being debated.

And yeah, she fit the bill really well for what I was aiming for on this. Was debating between her and zedruu - would have went more political if I went that route, but she fits robbin graves/just plain robbing better.

1 Like

I didn’t mind it as much honestly but I can see how people would have a problem with it.

Now about your deck, I haven’t played Commander yet. Isn’t there a rule or something against multiple Planeswalkers?

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/ixalan-planeswalker-deck-lists-2017-09-20

Like you know I’ve been using Hualti’s deck in standard play. Nothing added to it, I’ve been mainly teaching how to play nowadays if they don’t know.

2 Likes

Nope! As long as there’s only one copy of it in your deck and it matches the color identity, you’re fine. There’s actually even a handful of planeswalkers (2015 or 2014 commander precons I think) that can be your commander.

They do follow the legendary rule, where you can’t have more than one with the same name. It used to be wider, where you couldn’t have like Jace the Mind Sculptor out with Jace Beleren, but they recently modified that as well. Doesn’t limit you from putting up to 4 in the deck, but you’d usually stick to 2-3 in normal formats because you don’t want to have that dead card in your hand.

This is absolutely the most PW’s I’ve run in a deck however, and if she was cheaper, I’d run Vess, but I don’t feel like shelling out 25 bucks on the off chance of her ult going off. Instead I stick with those three. Dack Steals artifacts, Saheeli sells shoddy copies from her basement, and Ashiok’s got a shovel on his back for the deep digging. All three are pretty useful at any point in the game.

You could add more Hualti’s to the deck if you wanted to, even the other versions of her. You just can’t have the same version out twice at the same time.

I want Mira to merge this into likes

3 Likes

Why must you be the screen door on my submarine?

3 Likes

Is that a Magic card?

3 Likes

Best I can do.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s wild

Ok, I’m done shitting in here, have fun!! :kissing_heart:

Edit: we can say ‘shitting’?

3 Likes

Ha ha!

2 Likes

Relevant pulls today from packs

Didn’t get my fat pack because Texas got a dusting of snow that delayed my lgs shipment.

I blame @FunkJunkie.

Still, got those, sorted my brother’s cards, and played some unstable with him. Plus the pulls. Productive day.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This was just fine in the likes thread, but at least you can keep things focused here.

3 Likes

Things should be less focused there. I felt like I was pigeonholing the thread. Curious as to any input You have here though.

3 Likes

I’m here as an observer. Curious to watch you dive into the new cards and give your thoughts.

3 Likes

What kind of magic do You like playing?

2 Likes

I don’t play. My love for all things fantasy, D&D and card collecting led me to collect MtG back in the day. Cracking packs and pulling cool looking rare ■■■■ was too good to pass up.

3 Likes

Can I interest you in a garbage steam game to learn the rules?

4 Likes

no

2 Likes

Do you want to learn the most addictive game of all time?

2 Likes