Mail Weapons are trash

What is the purpose of receiving guns in the ‘mail’? They are always trash. Just wondering.

Endgame yes but from 1 to 49 I probably equipped and used half of the weapons mailed to me

8 Likes

there are some kinda neat ones that turn up depending on which company you use the most if you use atlas, cov, vladof or torgue you can get a good chunk of cash from the heavy guns that turn up especially when they are anointed and just get a nice little pay day for whichever one of your characters claims the mail item. also you can claim mail rewards from any character with any character so it can help your lower level playthroughs.

though tbh the Jakobs ones aren’t good and Jakobs guns are heavy hitters, so nothing you get in the mail with loyalty to Jakobs tends to be better than legendary gear you probably already have.
hyperion, maliwan, dahl, and tediore tend to be not so good either.

2 Likes

Stranger, hedgehog, everblasts, stagecoach. Just 4 I could think of off the top of my head I’ve farmed the mail for. Maybe if we could also get alien barrels that would be nice… shields for shield damage taken would be cool, same with nades. There are some very good purple guns in this game I suggest you try some more.

5 Likes

I’ve used a few.
And just about 20 minutes ago I was, with my lvl 37 Zane, saying to myself “This lvl 30 Q-System is getting kinda old…”. 7 kills later and Ta Da!!! Mailbox chimed and Atlas sent me a lvl 37 Q-System! Can’t do much better than that.
–RoA

8 Likes

There’s some solid ones. I think of it mostly as a help for getting on-level gear during the first playthrough but there’s also a few good non-uniques that’ll keep up at level 50.

2 Likes

I’ve occasionally gotten decent guns from Jakobs while leveling. Like Mashers that I’m not finding elsewhere.

2 Likes

I’d love to get other gear, like shields or grenades (anointed of course), as I’m pretty picky about my guns.

It would also be cool if they (the manufacturers, via Gearbox) offered incentives for using equipment that we normally don’t use. Maybe a high-end purple with legendary stats, or a quirky gun, as part of an “experimental” trial system. Or maybe just something so juicy that you want to go murder some COV to get it. Tedior would have to make it pretty good to get me to rack up 1000 kills with their weapons (unless self-kills counted, then I’d be half way there).

TL;DR: They should use the mailed-guns system to add more interesting things to do in the game while waiting for the next DLC/Patch to drop.

5 Likes

This is a FANTASTIC idea (no sarcasm).

A “like” was not enough for this.

To clarify: I love the idea of “go weird to get weird”. If we use enough unusual guns, we get even more unusual guns. It is not about the perfect build…it’s about messing around and experimenting for fun (on any difficulty level, because it’s just about seeing how crazy things can be). That’s a “mayhem mode” I could get behind!

5 Likes

Got one fire fladov moloko on my 34 moze and its melting through enemies. The Mail guns shows how the golden chest should work. Its perfect for leveling but wortless in endgame. The golden chest ist compared to this a pain, baucause you have to 2atch out for keys and cant get enough New stuff frequently.

1 Like

I’d agree for the most part but only after you get max lvl is when I’d say a majority become irrelevant. It would be very cool to see some changes made to this system, I would say some cool mail only anointment would be cool but I don’t need much more rng in my life at the moment. :rofl: I did however receive a X25 stagecoach one time that I have lost to a bank wipe since, it wasn’t anointed but it would have been a good weapon till I found an anointed version. I have received a couple mashers as well but endgame they fall below other versions of legendary pistols. @Talzar13 I agree the experimental weapon concept sounds cool, if nothing else some better perks than normal world drop guns… would make checking the mail more exciting at least.

1 Like

Not always some of them are pretty cool, they can’t always be cool that d be a bit too easy

2 Likes

there not when you level 1-40 then they just not good enough although there good for allegiance run

Something else they could do as part of the manufacturer loyal program, is offer the crew challenge rewards for repeating the objectives x-number of times. Say you kill all of the Hammerlock beasts 10 or 20 times, you get another capstone reward.

This would be nice for console players who don’t have the benefit of reloading multiple saves to farm the rewards for a perfect Bekah.

2 Likes

Been playing a character who’s using CoV weapons and have been getting ultra worthless (for a character specifically using CoV weapons) mail: Atlas weapons.

2 Likes

Yep, if you get the mail weapons on low levels should help to leveling but on high levels are totally useless.

Jacobs mashers, stage coach, torgue quickies, strangers, bangsticks, cov splainers, holeyman, and maliwan nebulas are all available in mail rewards; these are still viable to a well synergised build - even on m4
(Im certain theres more, only havent found good versions of them yet)

1 Like

I’ve said I like mail guns during leveling, but putting my latest Zane through the Jackpot got two Mail weapons this morning, one from Jakobs and one from Dahl that both have ammo regen anointments during Digi-Clone, which is a plus at any level.
Edit: HA! And just a few minutes later while I was sniping with my Q-System, Atlas just mailed me a new Q-System with a 250% damage after phase cast anointment, which is all right by me!
–RoA

3 Likes

I dunno big homie. I’ve gotten an amazing Jakobs Stagecoach, Jakobs Duelists, Q-systems a plenty, Quickie, Hedgehogs, all kinda great gear.

And if nothing else, it’s free! Sell the ■■■■ or pick it up on alts to buy up SDUs.

3 Likes

lol so I am not the only one to have this bug: cov reward is sometimes an Atlas. It is a bug that existed since the very first versions

1 Like