Make up your own Legendaries for the next BL!

Problem is, when would this penalty be removed / how long would it last? And that would be an ENORMOUS benefit, not a hindrance, to endgame players (Because any non-percentage healing the shield provides will get you above a lower healthgate faster, which increases survivability.) I like the DOT duration idea, personally. Especially since that would increase the duration of Slag on the player which at endgame would hurt.

Spider Nade
‘‘Does whatever a Spider Nade does.’’
Transfusion Grenade
Always rubberised. Every time the grenade bounces, it releases a transfusion child grenade. Grenade continues to bounce up walls and even on ceilings.

4 Likes

I’ll accept it on one condition, it has a unique red and blue color scheme with a spider/spiderant inspired creature blob on it.

1 Like

And it has to play the theme song from the '60’s cartoon show…

1 Like

Good point. How about it lasts until you exit the current area and resets when you enter a new one? Failing that, the DoT effect is the one I’d go with as well…

Name: The Pit
Jakobs Legendary shield
Red Text: Deshi deshi basara basara deshi deshi basara basara
Effect: Extremely high health capacity and no actual shield. The user becomes more resilient to damage, deals more in turn, and moves faster the lower their health is.

Edit: This forum confuses me. Didn’t mean to reply to someone in this topic and not the actual topic itself.

2 Likes

To do a reply to topic and not person, you need to you the bottom left reply button and not the orange one on the right.
Still catch myself doing it though…

I don’t frequent these forums like I did with the others so I am adapting sluggishly.

1 Like

Double Anarchy
Dahl SMG
“No one man should have all that power.” - incredibly high fire rate, low accuracy (approx 50-70), on-par damage with other SMGs, no element. Fires four bullets at the cost of two ammo.

Much like the Carnage, this is a common weapon bumped up to legendary status or beyond. The Double Anarchy is a commonly used SMG variant in BL1, and is a double double, essentially. SMGs are way less good in BL2. This might help.

1 Like

Name: Dent’s Dilemma
Manufacturer: Hyperion
Class: legendary relic
Red Text: “Heads I win- and it’s always heads…”
Effect: Doubles your action skill time- as well as it’s cool down time. Special Effect: when in FFL if you run out of ammo it will convert any money on you into the needed ammo at at quadruple it’s normal cost…

Cultural reference: Harvey Dent, aka Two Face, a villainous foe of the Batman, first appearing in Detective Comics #66 (August 1942)

1 Like

[quote=“Scootalewis, post:49, topic:318615, full:true”]
Double Anarchy
Dahl SMG
“No one man should have all that power.” - incredibly high fire rate, low accuracy (approx 50-70), on-par damage with other SMGs, no element. Fires four bullets at the cost of two ammo.

Much like the Carnage, this is a common weapon bumped up to legendary status or beyond. The Double Anarchy is a commonly used SMG variant in BL1, and is a double double, essentially. SMGs are way less good in BL2. This might help.[/quote]Addendum: it won’t spawn with a scope because it doesn’t need one.

[quote=“Carlton_Slayer, post:51, topic:318615”]
Red Text: “Heads I win- and it’s always heads…”
[/quote]Alternatively: “Heads, I win; tails, you lose.”

I’m drawing blanks on names and red-text, but here’s a few ideas:

[elemental prefix] Splatball: A Maliwan version of the Rolling Thunder that bounces toward nearby enemies, releasing an elemental AoE every time it lands. Manufacturer: Maliwan Text: "Bibbidi-bobbidi-splat." Reference to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_%281950_film%29#Music

[elemental prefix] Partymaker: “Nasty Surprise” grenade that drops four Singularity grenades in a random pattern.
Text: “Get over here!”
Reference to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BjEeAY-sE

The Spooky: Incendiary Rain grenade (fr. Borderlands 1) with a homing delivery system; ripple-fires at detected enemies, capable of unloading up to 10 times as long as there are surviving enemies.
Manufacturer: Maliwan
Text: “Bring the rain.”
Reference to: https://youtu.be/R88eYN0OBJ8?t=18

Flatline: BB grenade (Borderlands 2) that saps health from enemies that get hit.
Manufacturer: Dahl
Text: “Not without incident.”
Reference to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weEXyoXZKs

Care Package: Absorb shield that goes Nova when depleted. Functions like a normal Absorb Shield for the equipped player; refills magazine of weapons currently held by other players.
Manufacturer: Vladof
Text: “It’s (not) yours.”
Reference to: booby-trapped Care Packages in “Call of Duty”.

The Beck: A Jakobs Quad that consumes only two rounds/ammo, and reloads quickly.
Manufacturer: Jakobs
Text: “Boom-shakalaka-turrah!”
Reference to: https://youtu.be/1_lijqXNZ4o?t=130

Revenge Over-maxed: A Nova-type shield that; when a player equipped with it dies, they are brought back with increased gun/grenade/melee damage for two minutes; the first minute grants doubled damage, but begins to fall off until it is gone falls off after the first minute. Has a long recharge delay (or slow recharge).
Text: “You know that I’ll be back.”
Reference to:

• “Return of the Mack”, by Mark Morrison
  • the White Lantern Corps

The Wave: A Nova Shield that, when triggered, releases two blast waves in a large radius. Any enemy killed by the wave is wiped from existence; anything that survives the waves suffer knockback. Has a long recharge delay (or slow recharge).
Text: “That was no meteor shower.”

• A Dahl Grenadier that fires BB grenades.

• 1 Like

Name: The Havoc
    Legendary Jakobs Revolver.
    Red Text: “Just doesn’t seem fair, does it?”
    Absurdly powerful revolver with a maximum magazine count of four but has incredibly high accuracy and critical damage on top of its very high sheet damage. Bullets have the Bore effect but the gun has a very long delay between shots and has punishing recoil.

Name: Hart’s Rifle.
    Legendary Jakobs rifle.
    Red Text: “I do not look down upon anyone. You’re all equally worthless.”

Jakobs rifle with high accuracy, damage, and reload speed. In addition to its unusually high magazine size it can be fired in full–albeit sluggish–auto with 50% recoil reduction while doing so.

2 Likes

Name: One Shot
    Legendary Jakobs Sniper Rifle
    Red Text: One Kill
    Incredibly powerful sniper rifle, 5.5x weapon zoom, only has 1 bullet in a clip but getting a kill with the rifle will not take any ammo.

Name: M3M3
    Legendary Maliwan Laser Rifle
    Red Text: Im a firing Ma lazor
    Fires a continuous solid beam, penetrates enemies but requires a 2 second charge time before firing.

The Gonne
    Jakobs Pistol
    “One of a kind is always special.” - single-shot magazine, though it can be increased by skills and such. Very high damage. Massive recoil reduction. Very fast accuracy recovery. Middling reload speed. Weapon “put-down” time increases the longer the user holds out The Gonne; at its longest it can take 5 seconds to put away The Gonne. It also becomes faster to pull out the longer it’s away. Other weapon swap speeds are unaffected.

1 Like

The weapon put down thing can be avoided though. Player can swap between it and another weapon in the inventory.

True, but that breaks the flow of battle, and might not always be feasible.

Especially in co-op. @Raven_Ghosthawk: I have friends that are serious Magic: the Gathering players and on the few occasions I’ve tried the game I did OK for a newbie but with a card like that I could really throw them for a loop… :innocent:

Are you referring to the 60s Spiderman cartoon with the horrible animation? The Spider Nade was actually supposed to reference the Simpsons Movie.

Yes- although during the days of my youth that was cutting edge animation… :smile:

This is a very clever one.