Manufacturer rewards

So I love the whole “get 100 kills with a certain manufacturers guns and get a little reward” but I was thinking how cool it would be if we got a reward for 1000, 5000 and 10,000 kills, it’s not hard to get legendaries so a random one as a reward would be awesome

2 Likes

I agree that the social emails from in-game weapon dealers is a really nice feature.

It has encouraged me to use a greater variety of weapons, hoping to get something really good from say, Vladof (one of those juicy sniper/shotguns).

I like email from Torgue “Great Fuc*king Job” :smiley:

1 Like

One of the problems with BL3 is that after a while legendary drops don’t mean anything by themselves. The “I’m anointed” glow can ■■■■■ your ears up but even then a lot of the anointments are just plain disappointing. I’m on my 4th character and the gold stuff that turns up in the mail as you play the story has ceased to mean anything long ago beyond a bit of a leg up when levelling if it happens to be OK (usually it isn’t).

At one point I got stuck for about 10 levels where a green vladoff pistol was the best thing in my arsenal. As a result, all the stuff in the mail was Vladoff which wasn’t what I wanted or needed for my build. The system can go wrong as much as it goes right.

At the very least it will give people levelling a leg up so I’m certainly not against it but at the same time I do think you’re looking at it through rose coloured glasses and it’s not going to be as good as of an experience as you imagine it will be.

Got Golden Keys? The Golden Chest has delivered very good gear every time I’ve used it for drop droughts like this.