"Master of Marquis" Featuring a Pentakill

Nice I’ll have to post some of mine, so far highest kill streak is 21, at least I know their are some good marquis players that don’t glitch.

How do you know he didn’t glitch? Honestly more impressed with Thorn’s 16-4 than DemonicFPS’s 18-0.

That Thorn is one of the best thorn’s I’ve seen yet being played tactically, that player also was one of the first people to achieve “Master of Thorn” title :wink:

Point is, I’ve done my job at assisting and covering fire… as far as scores go, we both went 20+ kills tons of times.
I’ve went 15+ kills with thorn myself at least 2 or 3 times despite not playing her much.

@seraphoenix

Oh? Best Thorn? whats his address? I’ll 1v1 him! But not IRL… im a fat loser IRL so lets keep it in the game.

Pff… I see what glitch you’re talking about now, No I didn’t do it to that extent, at most I took a way a few hp from the Sentry, but only while my team was hitting it.

Just lost against a Marquis with 1 kill, 5 deaths… that just sat in the base killing the sentry while we were pushing, and once the 1st sentry is down the minions are too hard to deal with that early in the game. So I see why people hate it right now.

Though, If someone wouldn’t pick my Marquis on my team and disconnect right after it, it would have been a different game, doesnt’ help that i was playing with 500ms either.

Yep… the only way to counter it is to push past the enemy team and harrass them, but they already did damage at that point in most cases. Deade is awesome to use for that reason… I love hearing “Their ■■■■■■■ marquis is glitching our sentry again!” cause then I just go in there and ■■■■ their day up xD

It’s a draw… dammit :smiley: (amount of kills)
Me and Thorn were competing for the amount of kills, like we usually do :smile:

And graum I would assume that he wouldn’t because he actually knows how to play marquis. I would say that glitch is for people that don’t know how.
By the way demonic what do you usually get for accuracy?

80-85% usually, had games where I went into 90%+

@ Edit…
I’ll rephrase myself, 84% Total Accuracy
And I was hitting 80/90% accuracy matches before I stopped caring and started going full attackspeed + passive detonations + prefiring corners, etc… so my accuracy per match dropped down to like 60s

Attackspeed build: 30-65% accuracy
Damage build: 75-90%+ accuracy

As for glitching… I looked at a sentry today from headshot-spot on the stairs… multiple times, had the shot on it all the time, didn’t take it. Cause i didn’t want to be a douche + what’s the fun in ending the games so fast? It’s already enough for me that people ragequit as soon as I kill them every-time they’re back and the other team surrenders with whatever players are left in the game, games are going by too fast, wish you would only be able to surrender at 10 minutes or something.

K I don’t feel so bad I usually do speed build and average 55% accuracy. Usually I have a match where someone uses the glitch against me but I avoid it even when they are…feels wrong. Plus it takes no skill to do it. I had to stop pushing when I was trying to get the 6000 damage ultimate, made to many people rage quit.

To bad the people that complain marquis being OP don’t actually play him and see how hard he is to play. Cause I know I had a hard timenough at the beginning. I still have to play a warm up match or 2 before I start destroying people

1 Like

On echelon, had to be the pusher since no one else would

1 Like

Just going to leave this here…

Pentakill? :smiley:

@ Edit, added Penta-Kill video to the top, should I delete it from here (on the bottom?)

I seem to have way better aiming when I’m drunk

Do you happen to have any tips for fighting a Toby that has a constant shield wall, I can’t think of anything to get passed that thing. Other than practically getting behind him.

Every Toby… even Master-rank Toby’s… feel far too confident behind that little energy wall.

I just shoot the shield they pop up, pop it as soon as they bring it up, all it takes is 3 shots, usually I bring it down so fast that the Toby will almost always react slow and will let you get in either a Crit or 2 shots, 3 shots sometimes for the kill If I jump-shoot them from a ledge or something.

I ALWAYS take the 2 extra clips helix, means I can just spam bullets at the shield and still have enough to kill someone behind it, same with Isic’s shield, Galilea’s… etc
Late-Game I’ve got about 40/50% extra attackspeed with 8 bullets in the mag allowing me to bring down multiple targets really fast as long as I hit all of the 8 bullets.

Or you can ignore the Toby completely if it’s at long range… just side-step all of his slow-moving projectiles, zoom out, strafe to the side, zoom in, take a quick shot at some of his teammates in the open and continue doing so while proceeding to dodge all of his high damage stuff. < Same technique for any other ranged character that has fairly slow moving projectiles, Thorn is an example of that aswell.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a Marquis player as well, but never rack up that many kills in a game, usually just a lot of assists on my good days. At rank 5, do you take the left or right helix? The mutation is useless as far as I can tell. I usually take the left one, as I figure I’ll rarely get 3 shots on a moving battle born, but I see a lot of players saying they take the right for the increased damage. Which do you think is better?

I’ll just give you a full-overview of what I take usually:

Level 1 : Right Helix
" In Addition to slowing enemies. Temporal Distortion now hastens allies. "
(Allows me to quickly get to positions and to run away from any assassins coming straight at me, also allows my teammates to catch-up to enemy battleborns If I place it in the middle, which I usually do for minion-wave-clear)

Level 2 : Mutation
"Predatory Strike owls automatically reveal nearby targets."
(I feel like this is one of the most overpowered mutations that Marquis can get, allows you to see players through walls at times if used effectively and If you put your owls in places where stealth assassins HAVE to pass through, you can also counter their invisibility.
Usually players turn invisible when they take damage, therefore what I do is take few shots at a battleborn that can go invisible, I place my owl in-front of me and wait for them to go invisible just so I can either track them or kill them).

Level 3 : Mutation
"Increases Bindlebane’s magazine size."
+2 Clip Size "
(I feel like it’s a mandatory mutation if you want to get kills, can’t tell you how many times I had to use the extra 2 bullets…)
Oh and I don’t like neither of the helix’s at level 3, because recoil = useless IMO, and extra zoom on scope is really hard to use and get’s in the way.

Level 4 : Left Helix
"All enemies inside a Temporal Distortion bubble take damage over time.
+41 Damage Per Second"
(I use this always for minion wave clear and to line up shots on slowed enemies that get caught in the bubble)

Level 5 : Left Helix
"Eins, Zwei, Die’s bonus damage is triggered on the second consecutive hit of a marked target, rather than the third."
(The only reason I like this is because of my ridiculous attack-speed on items + level 7, allows me to quickly bring down targets rather than burst them down, also allows me to have more chance for error as I don’t need to be super accurate to deal full burst damage).
((I would choose the Right helix for 25% bonus damage on third shot, only if you’re trying to go full burst damage and plan on hitting 3 shots in a row on important targets))

Level 6 : Right Helix
"Increases Temporal Distortion’s casting range. +30% Cast Distance"
(I think I take this passive always, because it allows me to stay safe at the ledge/stairs and I can just continue to slow/clear minions now from a distance without having to shoot at them (wasting more time)- try to shoot minions only if you don’t see anything else to shoot at, thralls or elite bots or enemy players. Clearing minions is not always our job.

Level 7 : Left Helix
"Increase’s reload and attack-speed.
+25% Reload and Attack-speed"
(This + items, it’s possible to get a bunch of attack-speed and turn your sniper rifle into a semi-automatic rifle rather than bolt ^.^… it’s what allows me to bring down players REALLY FAST)
((Because of almost no recoil on the actual sniper itself, you can stack up attack-speed and still be accurate, I do take the right helix only when I feel like 2-shotting their squishies by critting them in the face, or by dealing massive damage to their front line.))

Level 8 : Left Helix
"Upon detonation, Predatory Strike owls leave behind areas of effect that deals damage over time.
+720 Damage over 6 seconds."
(I’ve gotten so much kills that I couldn’t get to, because of this passive!) :smiley:

Level 9 : Right Helix
"Intensifies the slowing effect of Temporal Distortion, further reducing enemy movement speed
30% Slow"
(This is basically me, maxing out my Q {Time Bubble} to be a slowing monster that allows us to land shots more effectively at medium range, also we can use this to zone enemy battleborns from passing through a certain area of the map, I use it to block off tunnels on Incursion).

Level 10 : Right Helix
"Bindleblast’s shots can now pierce world terrain to strike targets. Enemy Battleborn are revealed in the scope."
(Mwahahahahah! I love this one, a combination of this helix + the owl mutation at level 2 is DEADLY, I’ve managed to snipe players down from my base into their base because of it… though that was a somewhat lucky shot, I basically shouted in the microphone “Thorn! Move out of the way!” as the ult flies past Thorn and obliterates the enemy battleborn. While the Thorn player hilariously reacted to it with total confusion as to what just happened! :smiley:

“That player ofc was @seraphoenix

Hopefully this list of helix’s I personally love taking, will somewhat help you out and decide how to play Marquis.
Oh and as a bonus :slight_smile: here is a list of my Items I use frequently on Marquis!

Loadout 1

Item 1:
Wristguard;
+8.72% Attack Damage
+4.98% Attack Damage for 3 seconds after taking health damage.

(I don’t have any better wristguards :question:)

Item 2:
Wristblade;
+7.87% Attackspeed
+4.49% Attackspeed for 60 seconds after killing a player or a major enemy.

Item 3:
Implant;
+9.97% Critical hit Damage
+6.64% Critical Hit Damage for 60 seconds after killing a player or major enemy.

Situational Items I have in other loadouts:

+14.44% Recoil
+8.66% Shield Penetration
Stack +3.47% Shield Penetration for each hit on an enemy within a short time. Max 5 stacks.

+9.57% Critical Hit Damage
-12.76% Recoil
Marquis Only- Critical hits reduce the active cooldown on Bindleblast by 2 seconds.

+19.98% Reload Speed
+9.18% Reload Speed while health is full
(This items is nice with the 25% reload speed we get from level 7 helix)

Items are bound to be improved sometime, I know my 1st item is not what I want.

1 Like

Thanks, that was really helpful, particularly including the items you list. I have those legendaries you show as alternates, but like you, usually go for a cheaper load out so I can focus on building structures, as I’m not a front line damage dealer. I’ve been taking most of the same skills as you, but I wasn’t thinking carefully enough about PvP advantages in a few areas. I rarely get to L10 in a match, but that’s a good example, in PvE, the double shot is better, but in PvP it makes more sense to take the one that let’s you shoot people behind cover. Now that I have a better idea of skills and load out, I just have to learn how to aim better :slight_smile:

1 Like