Master Troubleshooting Guide

I went through the homeworld remastered tech support threads on Gearbox forums from 2015-2019, and combined the solutions into one guide. I’ve listed all the known solutions to crashing, graphic issues, audio issues, and multiplayer syncing - so look no further! Here’s the link: Master Troubleshooting Guide

Also check out the community created 2.3 Players Patch which addresses many HWR Bugs.

4 Likes

I was thinking just yesterday that it would be great to have a general “issues” thread !

@Jeffybug : would be great if it could be stickied :slight_smile:

Edit : Thanks ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems like the game does not recognize the -nopbuffer line. Here:

It just works perfeclty fine, it was an error on my part since I launched Homeworld 1 Classic instead of 2 Classic.

Thats for homeworld 2 classic, looks like your running homeworld 1 classic. You have to remove the command line when running homeworld 1 classic.

Whops sorry, my bad.

Still, I’ve found a little discussion about tutorials not starting on both classics due to localization. I’ve tested it and can confirm that in the italian localization both classic tutorials won’t start, but will do if the game is in english (don’t know for other languages). Probably this bug has already been reported, but untill it’s fixed may I ask you to add this in your first post? Thaks :slight_smile:

This thread is for crashing on load and graphic issues related to your PC setup. In-game bugs can be reported in their own thread, or here: Gameplay Bugs & Feedback MEGATHREAD

Any easy fixes for ship trails not displaying correctly in HW2 Classic?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=452695707&searchtext=trail

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give it a comb through when I get home. Word on the street is that it’s something to do with an ati dll file that you can replace with an older one to get it to work right. It’s just hard to see where fighters and corvettes are when zoomed out when the trails aren’t there. It also looks cool as hell, and I’m not playing Remastered until they sort their ■■■■ out with formations not working. I also hear HW2 Remastered’s difficulty is like babby mode, so yeah, playing Classic first since I never got to play it when it first came out.

Instead of wailing about with ignorant bitterness, you could just rip open the trail mod I linked and see what they did to fix it.

1 Like

I’m out and about with my laptop. I’m just checking my messages. I already said I’d look into it when I get home. Is it that hard to understand? Don’t be such a dick. I already thanked you for the link. Christ.

After so many months of hearing people complain about how they wish Homeworld had never been resurrected? Yah, it’s easy to be a dick about it.

I’m sorry I expect my video games to be completed when they hit release, not this constant stream of alphas, early access, beta releases and rushed-before-Christmas titles. People have good reason to be pissed off with the way the gaming industry keeps treating its customers. And for the record, I’m super glad it’s released. I’ve said so in heaps of posts. You can be glad you got a cookie and still annoyed that it doesn’t have the chocolate chips you were promised.

See that’s the thing, this isn’t like those. For Remastered to have HW1 style formations required they be added from scratch to the HW2 engine. Hence, nothing was ever “broken.”

Go boot up HW1 Remastered and watch your fighters screw up even a basic Delta Formation. Yes, it’s working the way it’s supposed to, but the way it’s supposed to work from a technical standpoint isn’t the way it’s meant to work from a gameplay standpoint. I realize it’s hard to code in from scratch but was it that easy to not notice this going wrong from early in development? What about QA and playtesting? They didn’t see it either?

Except they work exactly the way they did in Homeworld 2. Hence it would not have been on the radar of any of the playtesters, and they had the original devs as part of the team.

So you’re saying the playtesters never bothered checking HW1RM for bugs and problems? Literally hundreds of HW fans have noticed this problem, and as you said, have been moaning for months about it. Why did it slip past QA? Anyway. I get that you’re annoyed with my frustration. I get that. And it’s not productive to continue whining about it any further. I’ll just be glad when the patch finally comes out.

I’m saying that Homeworld 2 strikecraft behavior in what started as the Homeworld 2 engine would not have been viewed as a bug.

True, but I’m not sure that I can see HW1 strikecraft behaving like HW2 strikecraft do? Maybe I don’t have the eyes to see it? Does the engine treat each individual, say, interceptor, as it would a squad of interceptors from HW2?