Master Troubleshooting Thread (Crashing, Graphic Issues, Syncing)

I’m out and about with my laptop. I’m just checking my messages. I already said I’d look into it when I get home. Is it that hard to understand? Don’t be such a dick. I already thanked you for the link. Christ.

After so many months of hearing people complain about how they wish Homeworld had never been resurrected? Yah, it’s easy to be a dick about it.

I’m sorry I expect my video games to be completed when they hit release, not this constant stream of alphas, early access, beta releases and rushed-before-Christmas titles. People have good reason to be pissed off with the way the gaming industry keeps treating its customers. And for the record, I’m super glad it’s released. I’ve said so in heaps of posts. You can be glad you got a cookie and still annoyed that it doesn’t have the chocolate chips you were promised.

See that’s the thing, this isn’t like those. For Remastered to have HW1 style formations required they be added from scratch to the HW2 engine. Hence, nothing was ever “broken.”

Go boot up HW1 Remastered and watch your fighters screw up even a basic Delta Formation. Yes, it’s working the way it’s supposed to, but the way it’s supposed to work from a technical standpoint isn’t the way it’s meant to work from a gameplay standpoint. I realize it’s hard to code in from scratch but was it that easy to not notice this going wrong from early in development? What about QA and playtesting? They didn’t see it either?

Except they work exactly the way they did in Homeworld 2. Hence it would not have been on the radar of any of the playtesters, and they had the original devs as part of the team.

So you’re saying the playtesters never bothered checking HW1RM for bugs and problems? Literally hundreds of HW fans have noticed this problem, and as you said, have been moaning for months about it. Why did it slip past QA? Anyway. I get that you’re annoyed with my frustration. I get that. And it’s not productive to continue whining about it any further. I’ll just be glad when the patch finally comes out.

I’m saying that Homeworld 2 strikecraft behavior in what started as the Homeworld 2 engine would not have been viewed as a bug.

True, but I’m not sure that I can see HW1 strikecraft behaving like HW2 strikecraft do? Maybe I don’t have the eyes to see it? Does the engine treat each individual, say, interceptor, as it would a squad of interceptors from HW2?

Guys take it to PM or another thread please.

sorry, but correction needed : “the chocolate chips you assumed there would be”

(and just to be clear, I was also disappointed concerning the formations. But saying that they “promised” them is just plain wrong)

2 Likes

I guess they never did promise it, but yeah… you get told you’re getting Homeworld, you expect to get Homeworld. I’m not a developer though, so I guess I should just reel my neck in. But as Kenny has pointed out elsewhere… that doesn’t mean it’s beyond criticism. Anyway… new patch coming in. Thank Sajuuk :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally agree that it doesn’t mean it’s beyond criticism ! None of us has never said that (and I would certainly not !)
It’s the way the criticism are sometimes formulated which is a problem :wink:
And yes, the patch will be warmly welcome by everybody (I suppose) when it finally lands :slight_smile:

Why play HW2 Classic though? The ships work the same as they always did in HW2 Remastered, the ‘broken’ formations issue is only for the behaviour of HW1 ships ported to the HW2 engine (ie, HW1 Remastered).

Guys. Just talk about the games here. Not your feelings about other forum users.

Thanks.

Trying some nicer formatting here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ya that was bad… Semi fixed it from my cell phone. The forum’s bulleted list option doesnt appear on mobile though.

Can do it manually with [space]-[space]

• thing
  • thing
  • sub thing
1 Like

I thought I had reported these before, but came across with them today.
A) One of the badge areas in the mothership and
B) a little glitch in the hull (at least to me):

click here ![image](upload://y3VauutByzabf4XAbdP1sFNcIOO.jpg)

@Chimas , FYI the MS graphic glitches were fixed in Gearbox’s Patch Preview way back in July 2016 (see multiplayer forum sticky topics). Its also included in the new 2.3 Players Patch (see News forum).

1 Like