Maurice opinions?

I love him. he’s such an interesting character and while i thought he was gonna be cliche he was really unique. I really hope we see him for every event like many theorize. I love his final dialogue with FL4K the most. I also love how he wasnt a derivative of the talking animals quest we did too.
#MakeMauriceAVaultHunter!

1 Like

Just a quest giver that I don’t care about, which happens a lot in this game, and indeed this series.

1 Like

Maurice does well enough. He’s certainly not as interesting as most of the recurring characters, but maybe he’ll see some more character development. I wonder how fitting he’ll be for the rest of the events. I suppose as fitting as a talking dinosaur is for sending you to Heck after finding Halloween-themed hecktoplasm.

As far as seeing him every event, I thought it was confirmed by the developers in one of their videos. I can’t find the exact source right now.

1 Like

I would agree it’s not cliché (yet) - I don’t particularly agree that it’s unique either. I hope if they plan to include Maurice in future events or makes sense.

As someone suggested in another thread, make Maurice one of Fl4k’s pets!

1 Like

This is the Source where the developers confirmed that Maurice is going to be in every event, it may have also been mentioned in one of the News sections for the Bloody Harvest update. They also said that he is wearing Halloween themed ears as part of the event so they will change with the season, maybe he will be wearing a Santa hat and some Mercenary Day Lights next.

4 Likes

Interesting, wonder what the other seasons they plan to make events for are. Part of me is still hoping for green anointed loot tinks on St Patrick’s, but I can’t see a saurian fitting into that theme at all.

A talking dinosaur yay. Wouldn’t mind seeing him around.

Personally I love that awkward little guy.
Can’t we just keep him on Sanctuary III as a pet- err… I mean, exchange… saurian(?)… Pleease?

1 Like

I liked him lol. I’ve only played as Fl4k so not sure if there’s much (if any) dialogue difference for what he says, but I got a laugh out of how Fl4k would be just let him know, BTW, what you just said sounds pretty terrible. And Maurice would just be like “Sorrryyyy…it wasn’t intended that wayy” in his evil sounding voice lol.

1 Like

i would love if maurice was a different animal in every event. and it was a different version of maurice from another dimension.

I like his ominous comments (“Maurice has such plans… yesss…”), the voice acting is pretty good. He’s not as shady as Dr. Zed though.

I LOVE that line. he’s such a goof and honestly is way nicer than he sounds

I am partial to these types of characters…

My Son loves dinosaurs, so when Maurice arrived and my son was with his mother, I knew as soon as my son came home, I would be showing him Maurice. I should have took a pic. He was mesmerized with Maurice.

Map loading times I thought might deter my little man’s short attention span. He stayed on the couch as I kept his interest speaking of Maurice. When I got to Sanctuary and arrived where Maurice hangs out, my son kept repeating, “Maurice?” as I explain to him: “This is Maurice. Isn’t he cool?!” My son is ASD and repeats a lot of what I say. He laid on the couch and just stared at Maurice. I kept my character far enough away so Maurice would pace his area showing the full Maurice.

At this point, I’m waiting for the stuff animal merch of Maurice. I’ll be getting that for my Son when and if it becomes available. Vault Hunter Lyyyyyyyyyyyfe!

4 Likes

Some people call him a space dino…
Some people call him a reptile they love…

1 Like

As torgue would say “that story was wholesome as BLEEEP!! air guitar solo

2 Likes

I’m going to see about getting a pic of my son admiring Maurice. :grin:

you got me with that one. Pretty funny…“MEEYOWEYOWYOWYOWEEYOW!”

1 Like

I like Maurice… But after getting the same quest from him 25 times, I hope he falls down a well and dies a slow, horrible death.

2 Likes

I like him 10 x better than Vaughn, 20 x better than Ava and 500 x better than typhoon.

1 Like

We are definitely fans…

2 Likes