Mayhem mode broken, fast travel broken, please fix... Broken game, broken heart

These are hands down some of my favorite games of all time. Arpg/shooter, tongue in cheek pop culture references, lovable characters, unique art style…
I enjoy playing this game immensely… So I can forgive the rushed(bad) story and intrusive Halloween event… But I lost my patience when couch coop wiped my fast travel points… Game breaking, widely reported issue, still not fixed… I can’t skip cutscenes so I gave up on a new character pretty quickly…
I begrudgingly finished the game JUST wanting to get some nice loot… Have some fun, y’know…
But the DAMNED mayhem MODIFIERS…
I’m not the only one. Other people have reported the obvious issues but they DON’T WORK, I am NOT having FUN, they RUIN my build half the time, and resetting the modifiers is slow and tedious, and feels cheesy.
Not to mention they make tvhm pointless, especially since you CAN’T SKIP CUTSCENES. My fast travel points, and even whole planets are gone, HA HA, so it’s not like I can easily replay content anyway! Can’t get the eridian writings, farm hunts etc… I don’t want to run from the drop pod every time…
Back to mayhem mode, it doesn’t make the game challenging just frustrating, always having to work around rng that could either break the game, or make it almost impossible. Farming specific gear, or even making a specific build feels pointless if it will just be useless half the time. I love my zane cryo/crit build but nope… I barely use rifles and snipers which is its own modifier lol… I also like to keep my inventory empty but NOOooOooo…
And the worst part is I don’t want to play without at least mayhem 2 because of the loot!!! Don’t get me wrong, the gameplay is phenomenal, but I just can’t anymore…
I love this game but I am anguished to go back to bl2 forever, even if they fix my fast travel… They couldn’t have made the modifiers only effect badass enemies? Like in diablo, the game this is based off of?.. </3

1 Like

I love BOrderlands but holy crap the story was trash the main bosses were trump reincarnations whole are tweet alcoholics. Shoulda magically revived jack which I’m sure was rich enough to revive and scraped the lil bwitch leech that was sucking the life from maya Or offered a mission which was players choice to keep the lizard rat named Kevin and flush her out the garbage chute and had the character that lost it all in BL2 become the next Firehawk… Tiny Teen Tina who needs way more story time. I hated the lil ■■■■■■ that killed maya yes I mean the chick she was babysitting, not sure her name and honestly don’t care. I did enjoy the cameo’s but replace the writer or have a better imagination cuz it is super horrible. Here’s hoping for better story dlc and not just lazy reskins. Ohh hey here ya go next dlc have most of the enemy characters in the game reskinned and call it the re-skinening

1 Like

Paragraphs, please use them. It’s hard to follow what you are ranting at, insane hobostyle like. Lol

The jack revival thing has been done, quite a bit. It was the main point in the Hammerlock DLC and fleshed out in the Pre-sequel, he was the star of the pre-sequel, resurected again in tales (damn fine job of it also), and he was the main villan of the dragon keep DLC. He had a good run. It’s time to let him go.

Personally, I’d love to see him do other stuff.

2 Likes

Please let’s not push GBX to bring back jack AGAIN?

The whole Jack storyline has been done.
it’s good and ended.
bringing him back whould FOR SURE ruin the character.
there is so mutch water you can add to the soup untill it gets spoiled.