Mayhem Modifiers (Should be optional)

To put it simple ALOT of people are not happy with how Mayhem modifiers are currently being handled,

I suggest this simple solution: Make M1-10 remain the same with Hp-Shields but give us another page in the menu like the Guardian perks and alow us to toggle ON/OFF any and all modifiers we like.

give each modifier a bonus to loot drops. So if you play with all them on it’s rewarding instead of just being Hard for no reason

Everyone wins…

8 Likes

suggested 100 times
100 times nothing happened :smiley:

3 Likes

In bl3 they have given me three choices to be able to enjoy the game play with modifier that ruined the game for me , play at the lowest level for the least rewards or don’t play at all .

I deleted the game .

3 Likes

Optional modifiers: The Community and even some of the higher up streamers would love to turn modifiers off. I’ve got an idea that I would love to see implemented because it’s fair imo. Right now in game on Mayhem 10, the drop rates are +2500%. Now raise those drop rates to +3000% but only with the modifiers on and when they’re off drop it to +2500%. This is the most balanced way I can see turning them off and yet they remain relevant.

Character buffs: I personally believe that Fl4k, when compared to the others, is really squishy. An argument I heard against giving him survivability buffs was “he’s got too much damage to have better survivability”, but if you look at Same, Amara and Moze they’ve all got really good damage and lifesteal (depending on how you look at it). Now I’m not saying their overpowered I’m mainly saying Fl4k is a little underwhelming. Every other character is in a really really really good spot I just think Fl4k needs a little bit of love.

Weapon buffs: there are 350+ Legendaries in the game not counting uniques and not enough of them are useable at end game, yet they all drop like crazy. Jakobs weapons are in some serious need of help, not all there are a few that are just fine how they are but a Vladof pistol shouldn’t have more damage than a Jakobs pistol, DPS maybe but raw base damage no. Dahl weapons (minus Sandhawk) are for the most part useless, and so are most Atlas weapons. When talking about these manufacturers I’m talking the Legendaries and Uniques and less about the manufacturer as a whole.

Feel free to agree or disagree with anything here, most of it’s opinion based so feel free to add to anything or give me counter arguments, either way, I just want to see gearbox listening to their community more and more. They’ve done a damn good job this far and I appreciate them for doing so, but don’t stop there.

No thanks. I suggest waiting for the “Mayhem Made Mild” event to see how much easier no-modifier “bullet sponge” mode is.

Let’s not keep recreating the exact same thread, eh? :mag: :arrow_upper_right:

Ta muchly!

That’s my bad, I wasn’t looking through I just made one, I’ll keep my eye out next time!

Exactly. That will do me, I would actually boot the game up again.

To anyone who thinks being able to turn off the modifiers while still getting the increased loot bonus would be “cheating” or anything of the sort. Kindly rethink. It’s a video game. You’re meant to have fun. And not everyone’s idea of fun is the same.

Eventually, mods are gonna get made for Borderlands 3 that will allow people to turn the game into their perfect version of it. But that’s not a reason for Gearbox not to move in this direction too. If the player base is making mods to give people more options, then that means it’s something that the player-base wants.

1 Like

You mean modded gear or mods like patches made by 3rd party outside of GBX that only applies to PCs and not consoles?

Yes.

They probably meant the Mayhem modifiers.

But I’m getting really burned out farming for effective drops. So many bad anoints still clutter the RNG mix. So I’d welcome a way to mod my gear. I’d prefer a legit in-game system that allows me to reroll/reforge items and/or anoints.

Yeah I like that too. The alternative though is trading. For me trading has alleviated farming BUT how many of these are legit?

Edit: I trade legit stuff. As long as I get seemingly looking and possible gear in return, I consider that “legit” enough. I have no way to verify the authenticity of trades.

1 Like

I haven’t traded outside of my friends, partly due to the concern of the legitimacy of the items. But wasting hours trying to get a specific item with the right anoint for a particular build is ruining the game for me.

I get that the game is about farming and loot. But the sheer number of RNG options makes it feel impossible to get anything close to what I want. Spending a weekend without any progress isn’t rewarding.

Perhaps the new skill trees will allow for builds that use less desired anoints. It’s a shame I spend more time farming the anoint rather than the gear.

1 Like