Melee Zer0....You Still 0ut There?

(Striker Zidane) #303

Tri nai. Let’s do this

("COMMUNITY ARSE") #304

You should be proud of how you went mate because believe me you did better than i did 2 days ago when @StrikerZidane and i did this. We had one fight and his words to me were … "You need to practice" and he was correct.

I’d never used anything other than a LT, never done it in co-op and it was a mental game knowing i didn’t have slag nades so i had to construct the kill and stay alive long enough to do so.   You can learn a lot in the deep end when you’ve been pushed in and not thrown a rope.

I think we can take a leaf out of @Sun_Tsunami 's book, and even @Kurtdawg13 's recent adventures with his Sal. Tough but rewarding. I said this to Sun just the other day and i don’t think he’ll mind me sharing it here, but i reminded him of where this awesome thread started and look at where he is now. :wink:

Keep challenging yourself friend as i think you’ll be a great Ninja before too long ok :+1:

(Striker Zidane) #305

This. BL2 challenges keep the game fresh!

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #306

@Jefe, @SomeRandomGuy11 is spot on here. Keep at it and you will see the progression of your skills.

(Nicharpin) #307

Good Time!

However, there are at least 2 things you can do to kill pete faster:

1st -Use the stormfront instead of the chain lightning as it deals higher damage and healhtgating is easier with it(only need to swap to the grog for 1 frame to healthgate). Then, you can spend more time holding the rapier out of deception.
2nd- In the beginning of your deception, stand where your decoy is to get 1 hit, then kunai,stormfront,execute… By getting hit more often, counter strike will boost your damage by quite a lot.
Also, your legendary Ninja COM should be Maliwan, not Dahl :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Striker Zidane) #308

Use of stormfront is a double edged sword. One wrong positioning and you’ll go down in an instant.But yes, it does take out pete’s shield faster.
You can’t rely heavily on CS. The extra damage from CS doesn’t seem to proc always for pete also. Yes you have better chance to get CS by getting hit more often, but if he splashes the area with acid and fire before he hits you, you’re giving yourself a better chance to go down also.

Looks like you know some zero raiding/stuff @nicharpin! You can post in the TTT here Time Trials Revived Revived!

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #310

Thanks, but:

1st: I would rather be a little safer than sorry with the CL.
2nd: CS is approximately active 25% of getting hit so not reliable source of damage.
3rd: Manufacturer is not correct, but stats on card are…so?

I’m not trying to be the world record holder or the best Zer0 player here, just giving my journey with this toon.

This post is also for anyone who wants to let others know of their experiences with Melee Zer0.

(Nicharpin) #311

This can be easily countered by throwing Kunai right after the hit.
But yeah, you’re right, I does a lot more fails by using storm fronts and trying to proc CS haha

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #312

@SomeRandomGuy11 & @StrikerZidane taking on Ancient Dragons:

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #313

Ultimate Raid on Digistruck Peak (Level 72 gears vs OP8 difficulty) Coop with Zero and Maya in 27 minutes and 49 seconds.

Dukino’s Mom, Saturn and the triple or quad Super Badass Slag Skag in cannibal canyon is a pain.

Challenge met, next is to finish it in under 25 minutes.

Maya POV

(Striker Zidane) #314

Nice! Submit this to TTT
Great job!

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #315

Will submit once we get a better run.

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #316

We need tips by the way to get a better run. Were having a hard time w saturn, can you 1 shot bore him in op8 using level 72 weapons? Dukino’s mom, i played safety and not able to crit him in his mouth since he is always facing sun.

(Striker Zidane) #317

I think you can. You can check my level 72 gear peak run and fast forward to Saturn fight. iirc he went down fast

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #318

Yeah i saw it. That’s why sun is position there to recreate boring saturn but we failed.

(Striker Zidane) #319

Better hurry otherwise me and @SomeRandomGuy11 will do it XD

("COMMUNITY ARSE") #320

Ha! … I think @Juzhang666 might have me covered for that job :rofl:

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #321

We would look amateur compared to you guys.

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #322

Melee zero and maya had some practice runs of ultimate raid in digistruck peak. We had 2 good runs completing it at 26:26 and 26:12. Besting our 27 minutes run but still lots of rooms for improvement. We had some good runs with dukinos mom, but saturn is still a bullet sponge to us.

This is more status report than achievement. This is so far my best - such as it is.
I’m pretty bad about putting myself in a position to get swatted off the map ( as @SomeRandomGuy11 witnessed several times last night in our co-op…:laughing: ). I just really enjoy being in the fray with Terra for once rather than hiding on the rock.
I recognize some other specific things to work on : swap-healing ( I also realize I need more than one point in Ve0city for this map ), recognizing T’s patterns, waiting a little longer before stripping my shield, etc.
I’m very happy with my decision to use the Critical Heartbreaker - great for those tentacle crits, and a bit more stable than an iFacer :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9SkJ992rg&feature=youtu.be