Mercenary Day is coming to Borderlands the Pre-Sequel

(MentalMars) #1

2K Games teased with a tweet that Mercenary Day is making it’s return. The Christmas event from the Borderlands 2, Mercenary Day, is coming to the Pre-Sequel. No it won’t be a downloadable campaign add-on like we had with Borderlands 2. It’s going to be a SHIFT event like the one during Halloween. Back then we got to hunt Undeadlift for a pumpkin launching shotgun. As 2K or Gearbox haven’t released any further details what this event will contain there are some things that come to mind.

–MOD EDIT–

[quote]Mercenary Day festivities should be live now across all regions. May require a restart to download the hot fix that enables the new stuff! http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1284/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-s-mercenary-day-starts-today

https://gearboxsoftwarecom.s3.amazonaws.com/images/_/20141218/0e33bbff68c6c98429e3c0d4d6bee67c8e8f26d6.jpg

Happy Mercenary Day! Much like the citizens of Pandora, folks on Elpis love to take time every year celebrate the holiday season with generosity, giving, and murder. From today until January 5th, you’ll be able to celebrate right along with them in a brand new in-game event available for free to all players.

You’ll find some “merry” enemies in the mood for a little holiday cheer over at the R & D Facility and Pity’s Fall, plus a terrifying-but-celebratory new Kraggon in Serenity’s Waste named Odjurymir that will give you a chance of getting a new weapon if you manage to defeat it.
[/quote]

@MentalMars How about a rocket launcher like the 12 Pounder that shoots giant snowballs instead?

I really enjoy your artwork btw.

(Dannydlm) #3

cool ( although im 100 % certain it’ll be another one of those weapons that’s non obtainable in any way That we’ll be getting )

(MentalMars) #4

That could also work, but i don’t use a lot of launchers. BTW. didn’t we had the Fastball grenade as a snowball last year?

(and thanks for the feedback, hope you check back soon, more stuff on the way :wink: )

(Zamb92) #5

Kewl! I enjoyed the halloween event, There no cryo or corrosive barrels if nothing else!

(The Bonerfart) #6

SWEET!

I really like these side events they are doing, wonder how long they will continue to do them?

Bring back random awesome gear again, like the sky rocket!!

(MentalMars) #7

Maybe the sky rocket on new year’s eve & Moxxi with valentine.
But they can do a event every week if it was up to me :slight_smile:

(Erbalist) #8

When they nerfed Iwa’s drops they specified that it was in preperation for an upcoming event so it’s very likely that we’ll be killing Iwa for a new unique drop

(Russell) #9

At least it will be something a little bit different to look at for a day or 2.

Maybe the lava will be frozen over, Iwajira will have a Santy Clauz hat, and spew forth legendaries! :innocent:

(Jak White) #10

This sounds pretty awesome! Personally, I hope we get an awesome Cryo weapon, maybe an SMG or an Assault Rifle that doesn’t… you know, completely suck?

(Jan S.) #11

I’m looking forward to it just because it will add something new :slight_smile:

(Jan S.) #12

All stuff avaible in season pass will be avaible on October 2015, so support will be ± 1 year.

(Lucas) #13

I think that a legenday would be cool in this event… Don’t know which Boss would be better suited for the christmass event… RedBelly?

@BookerDontDewitt Purple Vladof Rifles, Shredifier, and Hammer Buster are actually really good.

(Jak White) #15

80% you’ll probably wanna avoid assault rifles, is what I was getting at.

(Jeffybug) #16

Mercenary Day festivities should be live now across all regions. May require a restart to download the hot fix that enables the new stuff! http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1284/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-s-mercenary-day-starts-today

[quote]

https://gearboxsoftwarecom.s3.amazonaws.com/images/_/20141218/0e33bbff68c6c98429e3c0d4d6bee67c8e8f26d6.jpg

Happy Mercenary Day! Much like the citizens of Pandora, folks on Elpis love to take time every year celebrate the holiday season with generosity, giving, and murder. From today until January 5th, you’ll be able to celebrate right along with them in a brand new in-game event available for free to all players.

You’ll find some “merry” enemies in the mood for a little holiday cheer over at the R & D Facility and Pity’s Fall, plus a terrifying-but-celebratory new Kraggon in Serenity’s Waste named Odjurymir that will give you a chance of getting a new weapon if you manage to defeat it. [/quote]

(Wolf and Saint) #17

Thank you :thumbsup:

(MentalMars) #18

Sweet & happy Mercenary Day to you guys to :slight_smile:

(Jan S.) #19

Nice! Also, it looks like that new boss is harder, but I’m looking forward to getting that gun :slight_smile:

(Wolf and Saint) #20

definitely looking forward to getting that gun. A laser AR could be fun. maybe its a laser shredifier. That would be a reason to start using ARs in TPS. :stuck_out_tongue: