Microphone required?

Will I need my microphone hook-up?

Need? More than likely no.
Want? More than likely yes.

(although I’m not sure if there is in-game VoIP)

3 Likes

The streamers that were playing together at 2K Software on Tuesday had to use TeamSpeak to do communication, so it looks Battleborn does not have built-in voice support at this point. If you are interested in it, may want to ask the devs in Ask the Devs post.

1 Like

A mic isn’t a requirement as far as I know, but of course it will be helpful. :smile:

1 Like

Communication is the key to victory! So having a mic to talk to your team mates is a good thing to do. But you don’t need one to play the game.

3 Likes

Yes, if playing with friends, a premade team, or people you are somewhat familiar with. In a random game I would advise against it. Highly.

2 Likes

The game does have VOIP, but not a lot of people use it.

1 Like

After about 25 games i’ve heard people use VOIP twice, would be nice if more poeple start using it.

1 Like

i have a mic quality is decent just am not using it atm since nobody is

1 Like

I try to use my mic almost every match and sadly no one responds to me, i will have it said that from time to time i have found a “veteran” player with a mic and we destroy the other team because of it

1 Like

To be successful in this game you need communication.

I found myself winning matches frequently when in a party with 4 other people with mics.

1 Like

It is much easier to win a game with communication, but I feel like the voice chat is a little inconsistent. At least on the Xbox it is. I’ve had a couple times where voice chat just cut out, so I have returned to party chat with my friend instead of hoping that Randoms have mics to communicate with.

1 Like

I dont even know why this is a topic but yes, u should have your mic avaliable because it makes gameplay a lot more better and fun. Trying to play for real and win is nearly impossible without communication. I highly recommended using a mic.