Miko's alt fire doesn't always work

Not sure if this is a controller only issue, but whenever I try to switch over to Miko’s healing beam sometimes I have to press the alt fire like 2-3 times before miko will actually start healing. This is usually in the middle of a fight, I’m usking the Kunai, then I need to switch to heal someone, I press and hold thinking the animation is taking a while to actually show up, but it doesn’t, and I wasted time I could have been healing.

Edit: This is on PC using an X360 controller.

4 Likes

I have the same exact problem and it can be really frustrating when your teammates are almost dead.

3 Likes

I am extremely used to reloading whenever I am not shooting. (That’s just a skill problem of mine.) and the healing beam just refuses to active after reloading and that is extrmely frustrating. I wish it would just start if you hold the button. T_T

3 Likes

Hey, same on PC.

Its since the 03 May hotfix, they changed some aiming issues for miko.

A mod should move this thread to te Bug section so the devs can have a look on it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Same problem. Sometime you have to press the healing beam trigger 2 or 3 times before Miko will actually switch to it, which is frustrating in such a chaotic, fast-paced environment.

EDIT: This is on Xbox One

1 Like

Same here
Rip to my mates

1 Like

I posted this thread into the Bug / Support section: [BUG][MIKO] Alt fire / Mikollopria not working constantly in fast combats. [PC, PS4, XBOX]

I think we can close here and the devs will have a look on it.

1 Like

I could swear I saw somewhere in patch notes that they were fixing this… Maybe not, I guess…

1 Like

I think the hotfixes was to address the targetting issues with his beam not always going to the aimed target. This indeed seems to have been fixed and I am also having issues with Miko’s healing beam. This always happens when I interrupt his beam to throw kunais or user an ability and go right back to healing (or trying to, in this case).

1 Like

Exactly, the problem is still not fixed yet.

2 Likes

This problem brings the biggest struggle for a support main because I am almost always switching targets keeping my team alive and someone is just about to die then I can’t heal them

2 Likes

I am also seeing this issue. At least 2 trigger pulls, especially right after using a skill or primary fire. Medic life stressful enough…

1 Like

Two things: One GUYS WE GOT NERFED :sweat_smile: And Two I think that the worst part is still that it will autolock to minions while im trying to heal people.

1 Like

I found you have to pause, just slightly between releasing fire and pressing alt-fire, it is the same for Boldur when raising his shield, if you do press it too quick then it seems to take even longer to sort itself out.

1 Like

I agree. Waiting a second seems to help but with how fastpaced the game is, even that moment can screw you.

Definitely something to keep in mind.

Still wrecking. #Fun-guy

Paid a little more attention to Miko, Boldur and Galatea.

So the problem is if you press alt fire whilst fire is pressed, or your current animation is still happening then it just doesn’t register.

For Boldur and Galatea, if you try and raise shield during the 4th phase of their melee combo then you get the biggest period that you have to wait.

Personally I’d prefer it to override, but maybe that’s GB’s intention, makes you think about how you attack in different situations. If you need to switch to shield often then don’t hold down fire, feather/tap it.

1 Like

Same :grin:

1 Like

One of the more major problems with the game right now. That, and the revive button. Revive can take several presses if you hit it too soon or break line of sight by walking too far etc.

Yeah, is worse for some characters than others, for the bigger characters like ISIC this can be a real pain.