Mine Field deployed! (Wait, is that a Let's Play video?)

Hello everyone!

My name’s Destronoma, or Destro for short, and I’m running a small Let’s Play channel on Youtube called Royal Gaming Battalion. A few days ago, I made a thread on the Battleborn subreddit about my Let’s Play series for Battleborn, and I’d like to share the series with you!

Here’s a link to our first episode - https://youtu.be/Ecm4MMGrP3s

And if you like that, here’s one to our second episode - https://youtu.be/DxHZHP1WzuM

To give you some background, this Let’s Play channel was created by myself and my friend GroovyAsh92 on Xbox One. Before we decided to do Battleborn, we were doing another series of videos for a different multiplayer shooter (which I will not name for obvious reasons). I got burned out on said shooter, and my friend had just purchased an Xbox One.

So, I thought to myself, “Why not do a series for Battleborn?”

With the winter update out, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to jump games and give it a go, and I think it’s turned out okay so far. My goal for this series is to try and recruit new people to the game by showing off my own gameplay, while also entertaining players that have played for a while themselves.

My co-host is very much new to the game, so some of our recordings are me trying to guide him in how to play Whiskey Foxtrot (while I play Ernest). I’m not sure how I do as a mentor, but he’s liking the game a lot so far! And that’s really what this is all about - enjoying the game while we make content for it.

So, while this topic does pertain to my Let’s Play series, it also doubles as a soft-introduction to this forum. See, I’m loving Battleborn a lot so far. It’s honestly the one game I’ve put the most time into recently. And I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

I also love getting constructive criticism on my videos, so please let me know what you guys like or dislike about the first two episodes, and let me know how I can change it going forward.

To give you a little bit more about myself - I’ve been playing videogames since I was about 5 or 6 years old. To put that in perspective, I’m 24 years old now. My earliest memories are of me playing Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Gamegear and ABSOLUTELY sucking at it. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve really had this passion grow for playing videogames, and I’ve always wanted to be an entertainer of some sort. That’s what led me to start up a Let’s Play channel! I’m also currently going to college as a theatre major, so in a weird, weird way I think this all kind of comes full circle.

With all of that out of the way, I hope to become an active member of this community (as well as on the subreddit), and I hope to see you all in-game if you play on the Xbox One.

Cheers, and I’ll see you all on the battlefield!

1 Like