i think the minimap & help feature really needs work asap though. addressing these issues will help teamplay tremendously.
- character icons are too small and indecipherable from one another. make them bigger.
- character icons should be different shapes to make them further distinguishable at a glance. awesomenauts has been using a cutout of the characters head on their minimap recently, making them very recognizable despite being pretty small (a much better approach compared to making everyone be a circle)
next biggest issue for me is the “help ping” you can do that leaves a way point on the map
- the “help ping” icon is way too small and should very obviously pulse.
- need a couple more “help ping” choices: attack & defend to make it more useful for strangers to figure out what the intent is.
- the ding noise that the “help ping” action does is way too quiet and indistinct. it needs to stand out from the rest of the game noises better. i recommend character specific VO of the characters saying “help”/“attack”/“defend”