Minor issues with the Borderlands Remaster (GOTY)

So I just bought the Remaster of everybody’s baby, Borderlands. Took a day off from school so I could play it on launch with a friend of mine. So far the experience has been pleasant and we’ve been enjoying the nostalgia rush. However there are slight issues with the Remaster as a whole.

Screen Tearing:
While playing, I kept noticing an abundance of screen tearing which really ruins the experience to a degree. It’s not game breaking or anything but it is something that I don’t recall ever dealing with in the Handsome Collection so I’m curious as to why it’s so prevalent here. The game looks great, all things considered but the screen tearing really just takes me out of the immersion and keeps me from enjoying myself entirely.

Input Lag:
This is the one that I don’t want to immediately blame the game for. It could just be my internet or my friends internet that’s causing this problem. However, I felt it was worth mentioning just in case others have had a similar experience. It took my friend forever to join my game and once he was in he kept complaining about small issues of input lag and rubber banding. So we tried having him host it and sure enough, I also noticed that rubber banding was a small issue. It’s nothing major but again, it just takes away from what is otherwise a great appetizer for BL3 and disrupts gameplay.

I don’t want to whine and harp on the game. Especially when it comes to my second issue, it could just be our internet or something like that. I’d hate for my opinion of the game to lower because of latency that is not the games fault. However, I figured I’d come here and post this just in case any others are going through it and if there’s any way to fix it. On that note, how are you guys enjoying the remaster?

P.S. We are playing on PS4 if that has anything to do with it

4 Likes

Could you please file a bug report for the screen issues?

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks!

4 Likes

Righto. My bad, thanks for the link!

1 Like

I’ve experienced the screen tear too. Quite annoying tbh. As far as input lag goes… couldn’t tell you because i can’t play with people. Seems i’m not the only one. Also trophies are not working. Still I’m enjoying it, just hope the bugs will get fixed

5 Likes

Oh yup. Forgot to mention the broken trophies.

1 Like

For me, playing online with a buddy, we have had minimap in the top right corner glitches as well as while we’re doing a mission, say the mission where you collect the bladeflower seeds, If I collect them it shows the diamond where the next will be, but for my buddy, the diamond stays where I just collected the seed.

2 Likes

Had this too. Noticed it when flipping some breakers on. Sometimes it would even show the diamond on my screen where to go but not on the minimap. Other times the diamond would be incorrectly located or just gone entirely. Had to have my buddy guide me around because he could usually see where the correct diamond was at and so he just shot in the general direction of where to go lol.

1 Like

Im glad you had this issue, I thought I was posting this in the PC section (whoops). well at least it seems like its across at least 2 of 3 platforms. Maybe a simple code fix and quick update in the near future?

1 Like

That seems most likely. I’m pretty sure at this point people are filing bug reports with the link supplied by @VaultHunter101 up above. I guess you could try filing one if you haven’t already and from there just play the waiting game.

2 Likes

Will do, thanks.

1 Like

I’ve experienced screen tearing too on my PS4 Pro … and I agree that it breaks the immersion a bit :frowning:

1 Like

VaultHunter101How much time do we have?COMMUNITY BADASS

16h

Could you please file a bug report for the screen issues?

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks!

Done.

Thank you for the handy URL.

1 Like

I had screen tearing on PC. I had to go into my Nvidia control panel and enable vsync specifically for Borderlands from there, rather than in-game, to take care of it. I ran into this same thing with the original and also BL2 and TPS. But again this is on PC, so I have no idea about consoles. :frowning:

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue. I filed a bug report.

1 Like

Same I’m seeing the screen tearing as well. I notice it occurs often when I’m driving a vehicle

1 Like

When I load my imported character, the whole main menu runs like one frame per second. Is it common?

2 Likes

I am not sure if it is just me, but there seem to be major issues with quest rewards as well as drop scaling/vending. Im having level 20 quests reward lvl 3 loot. Enemies also dropping loot far below mine and their level, for instance bonehead level 12 drops lvl 2 shredder. Additionally the opposite seems to be true too, loot droos from vending and random sources way over current zone, enemy or player level. Up to 10 higher so far. Never had this issue in original.

1 Like

Here are the issues I have personally experienced:

1: Screen tearing in most areas of the game.
2: Wonky as hell audio, including dialogue drop-outs/missing audio (in particular from Dr. Ned), no directional audio, plus tinny , hollow and echoey dialogue when Echo recordings are playing.
3: Laggy as hell character selection menus, when choosing characters that have Playthrough 2/2.5 unlocked.
4: Wonky collision detection (even more so than in the PS3 original).
5: Connection issues, that mean I only get into a match once in a blue moon.

I haven’t experienced this myself but I’ve seen reports that the Underdome DLC can crash when you get to rounds 17-20 :frowning::

I’ve reported the connection issues and menu lag but haven’t got round to reporting the other problems yet. I really hope these issues can be solved, because Borderlands is one of my all time favourite games and I would hate to see it tarnished by these problems :frowning:.

1 Like

In Playthrough One, Bone Head drops a level 3 Bone Shredder. That’s normal. You shouldn’t expect Bone Head to drop a level 10 or 12 Bone Shredder.

To be far, I’ve had plenty of that in my BL1 b/c version on XB1. I think the echo recording effect was deliberate with the original, so short of re-recording the dialogue it isn’t going to improve.

Your other points are concerning, though - thanks for filing bug reports.