Missing items from bank [Master Thread]

Same here, what the flying skag???

My whole bank weapons are gone, it is 0/45, i cant farm those legendaries again, please fix.

Multiple threads consolidated to pass on to developers.

2 Likes

Indeed! After submitting my ticket I found out that during co-op your bank is moved (from local profile.sav) but to where?

Regardless I’m now backing up my saved folder every few hours

All with this problem playing over EpicGameLauncher? Seems to be a problem from Epic Games.

Cloud Saves resulting in lost progress or empty Player Banks
Epic has deployed a hotfix for Borderlands 3](https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1173722535545987073) that should address issues with Cloud Saves going forward; we will continue to monitor the hotfix and verify that this issue has been resolved. If you’d like to take every precaution possible, you can disable Cloud Saves for Borderlands 3 via the Epic Games launcher.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-09-18-borderlands-3-troubleshooting-optimization-guide/

But this “disable Cloud Saves” works not when your bank is already empty.

Soo odd all these posts closed and pulled together in this one yet mine which tested and tells you how to avoid it isnt. What da heck? LOL
Ahh I see cause this is pc land and i reported for ps4 but i bet you the issue is exactly the same so is the work around.

Thanks for linking that here. I don’t know if it’s the answer, or just one answer, but when I’ve played co-op on earlier entries in the series I’ve always made sure guests quit out before the host: getting booted while you are in inventory/QuickChange/Bank is no fun and can cause a lot of havoc.

So… I just got the bug too. A bank with 50 legendaries, completely wiped. :sob::sob::sob:
I assume there’s no way for either of us so get their gear back… all we can hope is that Gearbox finally adresses & fixes the issue. Until then, I’m not gonna touch the bank with a ten foot pole.

Actually you might be able to this is what they sent me in a response to my bug post to support i wasn’t asking for things back but seems like they will try.

DO NOT SEND THIS TO ME THAT IS A SNIP FROM A support reply to me :smiley:

If you’re still unable to see your items, please provide me with the following:

• SHiFT ID:
  • SHiFT E-mail Address:
  • Detailed list of the items that you’re missing:
  • Video/Screenshot showing you accessing your bank:

Well, finally happened to me. Lost all of my pre-order and bonus stuff. I’m gonna miss throwing unicorn grenades. :confused:

Feel jipped as hell.

Mine are gone. I played my second character for a little while.

Logged o to my main amd the bank was empty.

Lots of level 50 legendaries. Lots.

Yup me too. Didn’t have much in there but i was kinda hoarding low level legs for my next character… kinda annoying actually…

Same issue here, logged to an alt from my main to play with a mate and once I logged back onto my main the bank was empty.
It was full…

My bank totally missing after so called “hotfix” lost 14 hours of grinding for Legendary items to lose 22 of them out of my bank. Have not played with anyone only by myself.

Lost my bank too, hmmm, i think i’ve lost it after i bought an SDU upgrade…

I had a similar thing exect I lost my Quick Change, Guardian Rank and Trinkets. I have to get a character to 50 to get a new Lyuda

I’ve had zero issues until now, swapping between co-op and solo play daily since launch, but I loaded up the game today and discovered an empty bank. Wall decorations, trinkets and guardian rank still seem to be intact. Last night I fell through the map after a certain late-game fight - seems to be a common occurrence for many people with bank issues. Co-op partner quit out first (I’ve always been host), then I quit, and when we came back I had the boss loot drops in the lost & found but he didn’t. We continued to play for a few hours after that. I’m pretty sure I accessed my bank in that in that timeframe and all was fine. This morning, all gone.

I’ve been religiously backing up my save directory, so I guess I could try to restore from earlier, but that would mean losing several hours of play today and probably our co-op progress from last night since it seems like this bug may have happened in the middle of our session - meaning my co-op partner and I will now be at completely different levels. I doubt we backed up at the exact same times.

There would be no way for me to remember specifically everything that was in there. Several legendaries, several good guns for alts as they started out, some of the pre-order stuff. Very frustrating.

Edit - I was able to recover most of what I lost by creating a temp copy of my highest level character’s (thus largest inventory) save file and dropping it into an old backed up save directory, making that backed-up save directory temporarily my current one, opening the new temp character up in-game and unloading my bank into their inventory, and then dropping that save file back into my current save directory and putting the stuff back into the bank. It’s convoluted and time-consuming, but at least I got most of my stuff back. So that’s a workaround for now for anyone who’s consistent about creating save backups. Note that I backed up everything before messing with it because although I’m working on the assumption that BL3 treats .sav files and profiles similar to the way they did in BL2 I’m in no way sure of that.

Lost all the contents of my bank as well. I played mostly solo but did a whole bunch of side missions online, I had a message appear on screen asking if i wanted to skip completed missions from a previous game, went back to sanctuary and bank was empty.

My stuff in the bank vanish today. I didn’t have anything super important but now i’m afraid to use the bank. I 'm carrying 4 or 5 legendary with me because of this

Bank was empty this morning for host, player 2 nothing missing. Playing online co op on X1. I reported it to 2k support but this is hugely disappointing to lose all those legendaries and pre order items. Lost all trust in the Bank feature, this is a huge bug!