Missing latest Hotfix from 10/10

Hi all! I saw they released a hotfix on 10/10 (the one that, among other things, boosts the range of Amara’s phasegrasp) but so far it has not shown up on my PS4. I have automatic downloads enabled, I’m connected to the iternet, and when I try to update it manually it tells me there are no updates currently available.

Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something? I saw in the notes for the hotfix that it said it would be going live on all platforms, but now 5 days later I still haven’t seen it download for my console. I tried google searching and searching through forums and tech support but all I’m finding is the hotfix notes, nothing about missing hotfixes.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Similar issue. Ruined my efforts to enjoy benefits of this celebration. Disappointed long time fan. I sit at the main screen when prompted, no update indicator, and it apparently never applies. Prompted every time I play. I’ve let it sit for hours.

1 Like

The PS4 does this sometimes, I’ve had it happen with multiple games (most recently with Red Dead). The only thing that made the downloads appear for me in the past was to restart my console. If you’ve already done that then I’m not sure what else to suggest.

1 Like

Hotfix it’s not a classic patch. Just wait in the main game menu…

“A hot fix is automatically applied at the Main Menu when Borderlands 3 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent – they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 3. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 3 boots up and hang out on the Menu screen for a minute.”

2 Likes

What @frank_mackey quoted. Hotfixes are small temporary things that modify data already loaded in to memory directly. There’s a limit on what they can do - mostly tweaking data values. Only updates require a one-time file download to your console.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the replies! I’ll hang out in the main menu for a bit. Any idea of how long you need to be on that screen for?

Shouldn’t need more than a couple of minutes, tops?

Awesome. Got it to install the latest hotfix from today so it seems it worked. Thank you everyone again for all of the help!