Mission difficulty randomness?

I’ve noticed while playing on teams of 4-5 that the missions seem to either be insanely easy or frustratingly difficult. I’ve tested each mission several times and it doesn’t seem to be the party or players, some things are just WAY too difficult in comparison to the rest. In The Saboteur protecting the final station with Nova is nigh impossible unless you team is coordinated and competent (which rarely happens in random matchmaking). Yet, The Sentinel is a breeze as long as you don’t run into the traps. Am I just imagining this?

1 Like

And some are easier with more, some with less. I presume they will be keeping an eye on it and tweaking as needed.

I’ve mostly played solo and I can confirm that there are random spikes in difficulty. At least half of the levels, I’m aware of where and what kind of enemies will be spawning next but every so often it’s like the game thinks I’m playing on advanced instead of normal. Higher tier enemies spawning and more of them. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or if GBX have a randomiser to keep us on our toes.

If it’s a randomizer it might need to be fixed a little lol. I’ve mostly been running co-op PvE and it can be a real handful considering I’ve mostly been getting teammates who are new to the game.